All reviews bedroom villa golf course courtesy bus pizza restaurant main casino kids loved the pool pool and gym double shower onsite restaurant bottle shop lounge room nice place to stay minute drive cooking facilities excellent accommodation reception staff good size
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We spent the last 2 nights of our Tasmanian holiday at the Country Club Villas deciding to take an executive suite. It was huge to say the least, but quite bare. Small lounges (we are very tall), but it had a King bed which is why we took the suite. The smaller villa's have a queen. The bedroom had block out curtains which gave us a great sleep in. We noticed that there was a perfect crack behind the bed that appeared to be a repair. When coming home one afternoon, we noticed there was a door still in place on the exterior of the building. We thought the configuration was a little unusual, and concluded that this was at one time 2 smaller units now opened up. The bathroom was enormous which I loved. There was a double ended shower in the bathroom. You can face them up and one person gets an amazing front and back wash. I'm getting one! Even though the unit was living in the 80's colonial style (bottle green and lemon decor), it was extremely private and we could not hear anything except perhaps the service truck backing up the drive opposite our unit which appeared to be where the laundry and services area was. At the rear of the villa were trees leading down to the golf course, with plenty of wildlife, even a pure black bunny, which I have never seen before. There was a small metal table and chairs to sit out the back (good if you are smokers). Not a comfortable sit though.
I thought it would have a small kitchen (self contained), but it was just a small bar area with a bar fridge and sink, a few dishes, glasses, cutlery but no cooking facilities as such.
I couldn't call this executive. It's term does not accurately describe what you would expect, (having experienced plenty of executive accommodation). Usually there are lots of little luxuries in executive living. Mini bar was very basic, toiletries were limited to soap, shampoo and conditioner. I was out of body moisturiser by now, so I noticed that. But there were bathrobes which hubby wouldn't bother with, but I love. There is a monsterous walk in robe, which you would use on a longer stay. You definitely need wireless internet with executive accommodation. The internet plugs they supply won't go into an apple air laptop. We stayed in remote Cranbrook (near Swansea) in a 150 year old farmhouse and they even had wireless. We thought that was a bit funny to be truthful.
Also with executive living, we did get some replacement towels, but the villa wasn't serviced in any other way. Bed was as messy as we left it. That was no concern to us though. It was just something that surprised me.
Reception is on site, which was handy, as we wanted to depart quickly. We did eat at the in-house Italian restaurant, and it is definitely a real family feel. They even had an open fireplace and a large pizza oven. Meals were good, service was good and very pleasant staff overall. It was very reasonably priced too. We paid around $400 for the 2 nights accommodation, but really, you would be better off going for the smaller unit and save the extra say $60 per night. But if it's space you want, and a bigger bed then go for it. I would recommend this for family travellers especially. I think you are getting reasonable value for money, which gives you clean and private accommodation.
To be honest we did a lot of sight seeing and didn't use many of the facilities, however we did go to the Casino. We took a shuttle across, and then someone took us back from the main reception in a car to the Villa. It was late and very much appreciated. Coming from the Gold Coast I didn't realise what constitutes a casino. It was small. In fact we walked around a while thinking there was another main casino area. We blew $500, and had a lot of fun with the croupier and others on our black jack table. I had more fun there than the huge casino's I've visited over the years (including Vegas). Should I be able to I would have given this 3.5 stars. Hope this helps in some way.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank incink
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The villas are a series of linked ground floor studios with separate bedroom and living area. Our villa looked out onto the golf course. The furnishings are comfortable and slightly dated, but this is not a drawback. we were able to comfortably park our car in the roadway/parking to the front of the villa. The area is very quiet and relaxing, and certainly was not overly busy. Apart from the ability to prepare own food in the kitchen, there are also 2 restaurants on-site. All in all, a reasonable but expensive experience.

2  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Country Club Villas are located beyond a residential area in a very quiet, semi-rural part of the town. We stayed at the villas as opposed to the casino complex as we have a young daughter and the villas offered the flexibility we look for when we stay away from home.

On arrival we were welcomed to the complex by a very friendly man on reception and we received clear instructions on how to get to the villa. The villa itself was spacious (it was a one bedroom villa with a fold down bed in the living room and a decent sized bathroom and kitchen area). Our villa was situated on the fringe of the estate and we had lovely views over the countryside from our backdoor. The estate itself was quiet and cars are urged to drive slowly. We used the swimming pool once because we spent much of our time on tours but we ate in the restaurants three times and experienced the main restaurant once and the pizzeria twice. The restaurant served good food and the waiting staff were very friendly but it is more suited to adults as opposed to families. The pizzeria though was great and seeing the pizzas being cooked in the pizza oven which was a part of the restaurant really added to the experience.

I would certainly recommend Country Club Villas to those with a family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've previously stayed in a room at the Country Club hotel which is based about half a kilometre from the villas. Preferring a change, I booked one of the Club's villas. What a disappointment. Reception for the villas is on-site. The receptionist was brisk but not unfriendly. The price I was quoted on-line and then by telephone was cheaper than I was asked to pay by the receptionist. I was told that there was a charge for using my credit card. I argued that I had not been informed of this charge and I had not been charged this on our visit to the Club's sister hotel, Wrest Point. I was informed that I had been 'very lucky' - indicating that the receptionist there had been in a good mood: or maybe just liked my face. I paid up - grudgingly. I'm sorry now that I didn't ask to see the villas in advance and check out whether I believed it was worth the additional cost.
On to the set up of the 'villas'. Not a villa at all. Picture a row of terraced units with no outdoor seating area and you are close to the mark. I had booked a one bedroom villa. This included an additional bed in the wall in the living room. The front door leads into a small dark hallway with the bedroom positioned off this. In the hallway there is a small kitchen housing a cook top, microwave, fridge and sink. Tea and coffee making facilities included four tea bags and the same amount of coffee: one cup each for four people. Between the kitchen and living areas there is a sliding door. Presumably this provides privacy between those sleeping in the living room and those sleeping in the bedroom as there is no door to the bedroom. The living room has a small dining setting, the aforesaid bed in the wall (not investigated) and two armchairs. Obviously, if four people want to watch the small and dated TV two people would need to sit on the dining chairs or on the floor. There is a window in the living room overlooking a narrow tiled strip which leads into a children's playground. Now, just in case this doesn't sound bad at all - think in terms of colour. How about brown and beige? Brown carpet, dark red armchairs and beige painted walls. Bordering on yellow. Add to this the need to keep the lights on because the place is dark: 6 ceiling lights do this job: no ambience there, then. Depressing? Yes. Insulation between villas is poor. We listened to our neighbours TV well into the small hours. We didn't use any of the on-site facilities. However, there is a small pub with dining facilities, an Italian restaurant, a medium sized indoor pool and a gym. There were two people in the pub and we didn't see anyone in the restaurant. The gym was behind a door which was locked and obviously if you wanted to use the facilities you rang the door bell (very welcoming). We went into the small village of Prospect (2 kms) that night and shopped at Woolworths. An alternative would have been to use the 'on request' transport to the hotel. The villa has the usual questionnaire asking for your satisfaction levels. I did think of letting them know. However, the choice was to leave the completed questionnaire with the receptionist or in the villa for the cleaner to read. What are the chances of this being delivered if I'm not satisfied with either service? Disappointing? Yes. The villa's internet site has well positioned photographs of the rooms which in reality are not substantiated. Perhaps I should be thankful that we only stayed one night.

Room Tip: Check out the accommodation you are offered before signing anything.
1  Thank ScrabbleAustralia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is more of a long stay destination for motorists. We met a tour here and frankly, it was not good. Villas don't have cover over the doors from the weather and are spread out over a wide area. Guests have to drag luggage to their units unassisted and then walk for food. Not a good choice. Accommodation was adequate but a tiny telly in the bedroom was a put off.

Room Tip: ask for one opposite the restaurant.