All reviews bedroom villa golf course courtesy bus pizza restaurant main casino kids loved the pool pool and gym double shower onsite restaurant bottle shop lounge room nice place to stay minute drive cooking facilities excellent accommodation reception staff good size
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We have stayed at the villas many times over the years. If you can get a good deal (say under $120) we used to think they were a good option. The rooms are on the dark side, but are roomy and have kitchenettes so you can self-cater. There is a pool onsite and free parking. However, we were surprised to come back to our room and find that we had new towels, empty bins, but no new toilet paper/tissues and the bed was not made. This is their new housekeeping policy - although we apparently should have got new toilet paper, they don't make the bed! What a nasty cost saving measure - one of the reason for having a weekend away in our own state is to not worry about making the bed... They have also stopped putting hot chocolate in the rooms and newspapers at reception are no longer free. OK - these might all be little things, but added together mean we won't be back. There are plenty of other similar priced options in the Launceston area. Watch out villas - if we locals won't stay with you in the off season, how will you fill your rooms?

One last thing - I am starting to detest those hotels with a nasty credit card surcharge - guess what the villas now have...

Room Tip: Ask for golf course room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have stayed several times in the main hotel but saw an attractive internet deal and decided to take a villa this time. The villas are a short drive away from the main hotel - but miles away in terms of style and facilities. But... they are considerably cheaper.
Our first floor room was rather dark and dated with a view over next door's washing line, but it was clean and fairly roomy. It had a peculiar pull-down bed in the living room so would be good for families I guess.
Our included buffet beakfast was available from the on-site restaurant and was the least appealing hotel breakfast we have ever seen. The bain-marie was never tended or refreshed during the 30 minutes we were there and the coffee (which I had to chase the waitress to get) was truly awful.
You get what you pay for... next time I'll pay a bit more and go back to the main hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

As a family of five we booked two villas, I was a little shocked that although I had gone by the photo's offerd of ground level villas we were booked into villas on the upper floor, if I had known I would have asked for ground floor level, I have no doubt though if I had made comment another villa would have been offered, so if you have rubbish knees as I do ask that you are booked into ground floor level.

From the check in to our villa, all good, well painted in soft hues, linen just the best quality, the beds were so comfortable, bathrooms big and roomy, just really nice and good value for money.
three of us played golf, all good while the other two guests had coffee at the main hotel overlooking the water fountains, I would recommend the Links in the main hotel for dinner, lovely food, we did also eat in the Italian resturant by the villas, they need to improve their standards.

All in all very good if you want the Villas but use the main hotel for dinner or lunch overlooking the very lush golf course and water.

We did have one small problem but security came to the rescue when our requests to reception fell on deaf years, thanks to security in finding our passports and tickets to the UK after we had left for Hobart, it was very much appreciated,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LouisePerthWA
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We had a spa suite for two while my sister's family had a 3 room arrangement for 5. The two were targeted: theirs had a washingline and a laundry (the entryway was through it, presumably for dirty children!) and more substantial cooking facilities. Ours had an enormous bathroom and two heads in the shower (appropriate for Tasmanians) and a coffee plunger. In fact it didn't initially have a coffee plunger but did have plunger coffee. It did take a bit of persuasion to the reception staff to convince them I really could recognise plunger coffee when I saw it, and they delivered plunger soon after.

Many of the staff we met were a little like this, underinformed but very eager to make up for it by being helpful.

The rooms were indeed dark, as mentioned by others, but our beds were very comfortable and not too soft. All the linen was newish and good quality.

A fair negative was the absence of breakfast on site. The hotel offered a shuttle bus to the attached casino area, but this seemed a bit of a nuisance for our group with children, so we ended up eating externally purchased breakfast (and shared the plunger coffee).

The club is a little out of town and we appreciated being on the edge of a golf course with native hens and ducks scratching around outside the window. Our rooms were very quiet. It was a 10 minute trip into Launceston.

The pool is a fair size, good enough for laps if you turn a lot, and the gym better than average.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We stayed 4 nights in a one-bedroom villa opening onto the golf course. Obtained the villa at a significant discount via an internet accommodation website made our stay even more satisfying. The reception we received was checking-in was very welcoming and professional. The bottle of wine provided was very much appreciated. The mini-kitchen was adequate for our needs; the bathroom spacious. The lounge featured two armchairs and a table and chairs. An outdoor setting was available on a small paved patio outside, overlooking the golf course. The bed was firm, but comfortable; nowhere near as hard as some experienced in our travels. For a superb meal the Villa Italiana, within the Country Club Villas complex, is highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple