Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2019

I have stayed in Launceston on many occasions, but this time I had a different need. There were 3 single adults each seeking a room in the same apartment.
My search arrived at the Apartments at York Mansions and we received a very pleasant surprise.
The York Mansions are in a very old building (1840),located in the CBD within easy walking distance to everything. The climb up the stairs is steep before you get to the apartment, but then you enter a very spacious 2-floor apartment, with a very generous living room, large master bedroom and 2 well-sized single bedrooms in the loft above. The views fro the living room and it’s attached small balcony over the Launceston CBD and beyond into the Tamar Valley are fantastic. We will certainly return.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Frank-Jennie
Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

This was the worst accommodation we had after circumnavigating Tasmania. We couldn't check in waiting in the hot sun until a lady decided to drive over and give us the key about 1.5 hrs later, rude response with no explanation. There's literally on 3 car parks for the ENTIRE building with the back of your car on the footpath. The toilet ran continually, the 2nd bedroom wasn't actually usable, it was in the attic with no headroom or space to move about. The first flight of stairs are very dangerous and don't comply with Australian Standards. Don't be fooled by the online photos .. don't stay here!!!!!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 9 January 2019 via mobile

We have never stayed in an old place like this one. It was a different but overall good experience. It was a little impractical with the low head clearance, and it creaked and moaned, but it was full of character. The only downside was the smell of what seemed like cat urine which was hard to ignore

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pamvons, Manager at Apartments At York Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2019

Hi Andy
I can assure you there is not cat urine odour in any of the apartments and I can only assume that if there was an odour such as this you would have rated your stay as much less than good which is the rating you have given as well as writing this in your comments. I expect that the low head clearance you a referring to is the corner in the second bedroom which is specific to my third floor apartments and the reason why I describe these apartments as having loft style second bedrooms. I also show the sloping corner ceiling in my photos.
It is good to read that your first stay in an older style building was overall good and I hope you will return to stay at Apartments at York Mansions when next in Launceston.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I took my family on a weekend getaway to Launceston last weekend. We stayed at York Mansions. The location is perfect - very central. We all loved the accommodation - a real home away from home. The decor was beautiful with lovely gardens outside. Spotlessly clean. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

This place is unique & lovely. We stayed in the Duchess Apartment, perfect for our family of 5 and it was everything we needed... and more!

Clean and big with a great bedroom in the roof space that the kids loved (one queen & one single). The downstairs bedroom has a queen and enough room for the cot that was set up for us.

Heaters are provided which helped keep the rooms warm during the chilly nights. Self check-in was seamless, shower is hot, there is a bath for the kids & the shared garden outside is just glorious to walk through!

Loved our stay in this well kept character apartment! Just be careful with parking outside - we thought the free parking out the front was on the street but the free parking is literally in front of the building (not on the street) which we only realised after getting a fine (having not seen the street signs when arriving late at night). Didn’t dampen our stay but just a warning. Would definitely stay again!!

Date of stay: November 2018