Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Megan K
Oatlands, Australia

No longer recommend, declined in customer service over the years.

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2024
I have stayed here since 2018 a handful of times while in town and seemingly each time it has gotten worse. Especially on the customer service front. This visit is the last time I will stay here and will no longer recommend it on the basis of poor experience. Reception has been unhelpful and rude, as mentioned it has precedingly gotten worse in experience. Lots of things has added up but I was sick this morning i had prepaid for breakfast but felt unwell asked if i could by any chance (knowing unfortunately booked for a few nights) and I have stayed various times. Very unhelpful and rude receptionist as someone who works in the industry very disappointing. But lesson learnt for the last time will not return.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$149
1.3 km from Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston
View more hotels in Launceston
2,754 results
All reviews great location buffet breakfast per day central location room service city park car parking business trip would stay again room was spacious great value for money conference cbd eateries australia tassie
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2024 via mobile

The location of the hotel is except! It is quite dated however does have an old world charm. Staff interaction is professional however rather clinical. We only dined there for Breakfast that was you usual standard fare, the ambience is quite bland. Parking is available for $6 a night which was great value

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2024

The hotel is dated but fine and the staff were great. I’m posting this review because I can’t find contact details for the GM and I want him/her to know how amazing trainee duty manager Douglas Maude was when I checked out. A really first rate ambassador for your business and you’re lucky to have him. Tassie hospitality can be patchy but Douglas would easily fined work at any top hotel in Melbourne or Sydney. Thanks Douglas - you were a pleasure to deal with!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2024

We arrived on a Monday. Our room was fully paid.
I was asked for my credit card to cover any additional expenditure. I was advised the $50 would be refunded to my card on checkout Tuesday morning, provided we had not accessed any additional services, which we didn't.
On checkout, I was advised my card would be refunded the $50.
It is now Saturday. I have made 2 phone calls regarding this, and this amount is still not refunded.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2024

I made the mistake of doing 2 bookings as I couldn't get the same room type, for the 3 days. I had to check out at 10am I was told that checkin would be at 2pm. I did complain and hence they called me at
12 30pm. The room is a reasonable size. Pillows not that great. However they need a facelift as they are old. Location is good though.
I have stayed before, will have to consider if I will again. I didn't like the attitude of the desk staff.
A welcome drink would be nice for club members.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2024

I thought the hotel was easy to get to and there were plenty of options for food. The decor in the room was a little dated but the bathroom was good and room size was excellent. There was parking available. The lifts were fairly quick.

Date of stay: March 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel