Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
AU$163
2,732 results
All reviews great location buffet breakfast per day central location room service city park car parking business trip would stay again room was spacious great value for money conference cbd eateries australia tassie
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2023

Staff were very friendly and helpful on check in, rooms were very clean and spacious, enough table space for us all. Venue was really nice and had a great feel about it. Check in process was quick and easy. Will visit again when we’re in Tassie next time

Date of stay: October 2023
Reviewed 13 November 2023

Not too bad for the price. The location, 24 hour room service and bathrooms were good, however the carpet and mattresses were tired and old. It would also have been nice if there were queen/king rooms available rather than having to have 2 beds in the room (which was the only option).

Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

The hotel that time forgot.

I was originally booked elsewhere, but decided to switch to the Grand Chancellor because there were several people attending the same weekend event there and tour van pick up would be more convenient.

The bed was comfortable and the handicapped / disabled easy access shower was a squeeze with the plastic chair, but sufficient.

My only niggle was the lack of electrical outlets. I needed to charge my phone every day and had to unplug the floor lamp, the outlet very inconveniently at the base of the wall.

The staff was great, especially those in the restaurant and coffee bar.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2023

Apart from an absence of USB ports in the room (I shouldn't assume!) this was a really nice spot, clean and comfortable room and nice atmosphere. Service in the restaurant and at the counter was great

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Omg what a fabulous stay my husband and I had at this property from check in ( thank you Max) to check out it was one of the best hotels we’ve stayed at. The old world charm that it oozed I think made the property extra special. The king size bed was amazing and stepping into the bath for a shower was good for me as it was low and being I have bad knees I had no trouble at all. The breakfast daily was scrumptious with plenty of choices on offer. Will most definitely stay here again

Room tip: The location is great and out the back of the property there is a small square with some amazing restaurants we tried nearly all of them and
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple