Lowest prices for your stay
AU$160
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
AU$140
No fees just great deals
2,740 results
All reviews great location buffet breakfast per day central location room service city park car parking business trip would stay again room was spacious great value for money conference cbd eateries australia tassie
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2023 via mobile

The hotel that time forgot.

I was originally booked elsewhere, but decided to switch to the Grand Chancellor because there were several people attending the same weekend event there and tour van pick up would be more convenient.

The bed was comfortable and the handicapped / disabled easy access shower was a squeeze with the plastic chair, but sufficient.

My only niggle was the lack of electrical outlets. I needed to charge my phone every day and had to unplug the floor lamp, the outlet very inconveniently at the base of the wall.

The staff was great, especially those in the restaurant and coffee bar.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2023

Apart from an absence of USB ports in the room (I shouldn't assume!) this was a really nice spot, clean and comfortable room and nice atmosphere. Service in the restaurant and at the counter was great

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Omg what a fabulous stay my husband and I had at this property from check in ( thank you Max) to check out it was one of the best hotels we’ve stayed at. The old world charm that it oozed I think made the property extra special. The king size bed was amazing and stepping into the bath for a shower was good for me as it was low and being I have bad knees I had no trouble at all. The breakfast daily was scrumptious with plenty of choices on offer. Will most definitely stay here again

Room tip: The location is great and out the back of the property there is a small square with some amazing restaurants we tried nearly all of them and
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2023

We stayed twice over a period of 5 days, Breakfast was very good value and plentiful. They cater for coeliacs which gets a big thumbs up from me.
Both rooms we had were very comfortable.
Location is a 5/5, plenty of dining options within 5 minuets walk of the hotel.
Staff vey plesant.

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Stayed one night at this Hotel, they have limited parking that is charged extra for, we arrived around 8pm and could not get parking but we were told that parking in the street was free up until 9am on a Saturday. Room was clean and nice. the bed was soft and saggy which made for an uncomfortable night sleep and unfortunately early risers checking out before 6am were very loud in the corridor.
The Staff were very friendly but at checkout time, they only had 1 staff member manning the desk and quite a line of guests at the counter. it took quite a long time to get served. I would probably look to stay elsewhere next visit.