“Short stay in Launceston”

Two Four Two Boutique Apartments
Reviewed 23 January 2017

If you want to stay in a stylish apartment surrounded by cafes and restaurants, within walking distance to the city, the waterfront and Cataract Gorge then you won't find better than this accommodation. The owners have thought of and provided everything you could need. More impressive than most high class hotel rooms, with luxury fittings, spa bath and BBQ facilities. Our apartment "The Terrace" had a narrow spiral staircase that we loved but could be awkward for some. Loved staying there and will come again.

Room Tip: Our apartment had a spiral staircase that might suit some but not others
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2017

We spent 2 nights at the beginning of our trip staying at 242 in The Terrace and a final night staying in The Bakehouse.
No complaints about either of them. I think on our next visit I would tend to choose The Bakehouse to stay in as it is a bit more spacious.
Once again, like our previous visit 3 years ago, we were able to check-in early.
The breakfast provisions came in handy.
The area itself is wonderful. Very quiet but with lots of cafes, restaurants etc.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Bakehouse has a nice courtyard you can use.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay here for only one night in December 16. We stayed in number 10. The place was great, it's in a quiet side street. The house is bright and stylish and is very comfortable. Pat has gone to great lengths to make you feel welcome and the breakfast basket was lovely. She also gave us the heads up as to places to eat at while we're in town.In the words of my four year old "this place is awesome Mum". I'd have no hesitation in recommending this and would stay here again when we are next in town,

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This place is looking dated although I found our apartment very clean and functional. Check in process was seamless and Pam emailed all necessary instructions. Great location with lovely cafes and restaurants close by. Coles just down the road. Nice area overall.

Maybe I was expecting too much after staying at a really nice place in Hobart. I really wanted to rave about this place but I probably won't return if I were coming back to Launceston.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank quevara
TWOFOURTWO, Owner at Two Four Two Boutique Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Thank you Quevara for your comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the cleanliness, functionality and location of my apartments. I refurbished two years ago introducing a fresh, contemporary style after listening to my guests and in conjunction with my long history of hospitality experience and knowledge. I'm sorry the style didn't work for you.
In addition to this I do have an ongoing maintenance & replacement schedule that ensures my smaller items of furnishings and fittings are of highest quality.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a wonderful stay at TwoFourTwo. The studio was very comfortably furnished and immaculately clean. Located in one of Launceston's most charming little neighbourhoods but still only two blocks from the city centre, TwoFourTwo is ideal. We truly felt at home and really enjoyed the generous breakfast and appreciated that all provisions were locally sourced. Very highly recommended - we will be making this our first choice next time we stay in Launceston!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family