“Another great stay”

Two Four Two Boutique Apartments
Reviewed 9 January 2017

We spent 2 nights at the beginning of our trip staying at 242 in The Terrace and a final night staying in The Bakehouse.
No complaints about either of them. I think on our next visit I would tend to choose The Bakehouse to stay in as it is a bit more spacious.
Once again, like our previous visit 3 years ago, we were able to check-in early.
The breakfast provisions came in handy.
The area itself is wonderful. Very quiet but with lots of cafes, restaurants etc.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Bakehouse has a nice courtyard you can use.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay here for only one night in December 16. We stayed in number 10. The place was great, it's in a quiet side street. The house is bright and stylish and is very comfortable. Pat has gone to great lengths to make you feel welcome and the breakfast basket was lovely. She also gave us the heads up as to places to eat at while we're in town.In the words of my four year old "this place is awesome Mum". I'd have no hesitation in recommending this and would stay here again when we are next in town,

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This place is looking dated although I found our apartment very clean and functional. Check in process was seamless and Pam emailed all necessary instructions. Great location with lovely cafes and restaurants close by. Coles just down the road. Nice area overall.

Maybe I was expecting too much after staying at a really nice place in Hobart. I really wanted to rave about this place but I probably won't return if I were coming back to Launceston.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank quevara
TWOFOURTWO, Owner at Two Four Two Boutique Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Thank you Quevara for your comments and I'm pleased you enjoyed the cleanliness, functionality and location of my apartments. I refurbished two years ago introducing a fresh, contemporary style after listening to my guests and in conjunction with my long history of hospitality experience and knowledge. I'm sorry the style didn't work for you.
In addition to this I do have an ongoing maintenance & replacement schedule that ensures my smaller items of furnishings and fittings are of highest quality.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a wonderful stay at TwoFourTwo. The studio was very comfortably furnished and immaculately clean. Located in one of Launceston's most charming little neighbourhoods but still only two blocks from the city centre, TwoFourTwo is ideal. We truly felt at home and really enjoyed the generous breakfast and appreciated that all provisions were locally sourced. Very highly recommended - we will be making this our first choice next time we stay in Launceston!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Launceston is a nice small city. It has a great layout with lots of central downtown dining options, sites and shopping. 242 is located immediately outside that center, but is still very accessible to it, even by walking. 242 is made up of a few apartments, each is unique and named. We stayed in The Studio. Ours had nice woodwork, a modern, but tiny, kitchen, and a sizable bedroom and bathroom. Main complaint is that it can be challenging lugging suitcases up the narrow spiral stair case to the bedroom. I also wasn't a fan of the smell which seemed to be due to the various soap & lotion products based on Tasmanian botanicals that were provided.

There is limited, free parking accommodating 3 cars in a tight fit. There is also a shared laundry facility on the premises.

242 has great proximity to local grocery stores, big ones, as well as a produce store and a butcher shop in case you want to make use of your kitchenette. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Note the Burger Got Soul restaurant had 30-45 minute waits the two times we tried. If you don't like what you see near you, just walk along Charles St. to the city center and you'll find many more. The walk into the heart of the city (such as the visitor center) is a solid 15 minute walk. You'll pass by some nice churches, and a park or two. There are lots of shops and restaurants there. Feels like a much bigger city although that's because its quite compact. While you can walk to Cataract Gorge from 242, it's a little hilly so I'd advise driving to that although they charge for parking there.

We really enjoyed our stay in Launceston. It feels like a great place to live.

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions carefully for what suits you as each is unique.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple