Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 24/09/21
Expedia.comUSD 107
Booking.comUSD 107
Hotels.comUSD 107
All reviews hotel restaurant studio room wine list bed was comfortable the main road stayed for two nights great menu good size excellent restaurant commercial street convenient location town centre easy access night stay great place to stay short drive park
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Had we stayed at this motel mid week my review may well have been different but I was there on a Saturday night and there was a big wedding at the motel. This had two impacts on our stay. Firstly, "our restaurant is shut tonight for a private function". Disappointing as we had specifically booked this accommodation as it had a restaurant and rain was forecast. Yes, we were offered room service but that isn't what we wanted. So we walked about a kilometre downtown which would have been fine except it wasn't. The forecast was correct and it was pouring rain. However our disappointment on the lack of restaurant facilities turned to dismay went we returned to find the thumping music that invaded our room and didn't end until well past midnight.

Now I'd booked a few days earlier and paid the premium price of $170 for our room. That was on the expectation that I'd have restaurant facilities and a peaceful night. They took my money fully aware that these things were not going to be delivered. Did they warn me by email or 'phone? Was an explanation, apology or financial reduction offered on check in to compensate for this failure to meet my reasonable explanations? Did they offer me the opportunity to cancel the reservation and look for more suitable accommodation? Sadly the answer to these questions was NO. So "Evan Kosch and friendly staff" you robbed me ...... it's a simple as that!

As I write this review the afternoon following my stay my eyes are heavy and my head is still pounding from lack of sleep. I think I also have a cold coming on. So I hope in retribution those reading this will think seriously about staying in your motel. I will certainly never make a return visit.

Room tip: Avoid nights when there are noisy functions.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom K, Accommodation Manager at Commodore on the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear GKSWanderlust,
Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy you stay with us at Commodore on the Park. Your feedback is valuable to us, and I will pass your comments on to the appropriate departments.
We pride ourselves not only on our accommodation and restaurant business, but also being a highly sought after function venue within Mount Gambier. Unfortunately on this occasion, this meant that we did not meet your expectations. We encourage all guests to book ahead of time if they are intending to dine with us during their stay. This not only secures a table, but also gives guest that opportunity to cancel their accommodation, on the off chance that we are not able to meet their requirements. In this situation our staff are more than happy to assist with booking and organising a taxi at an alternate restaurant.
Kind Regards,
Sarah

Reviewed 24 February 2017

I had a deluxe suite. Renovated, large and comfortable rooms. Good amenities and nice place to stay. Great having the bar and restaurant on site. I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant - had really nice eggs Florentine and continental breakfast. Nice décor and highly recommend this place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Shane S,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both our accommodation and restaurant facilities. We offer multiple levels of accommodation, and are pleased to hear that you liked your stay in one of our recently refurbished rooms. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here twice but thought might share our experience now. Renovated relatively recently. Close to the main highway hence there will be Occassion noise especially the trucks braking. A good restaurant on-site, slight expensive as a motel-restaurant but certainly worth one Michelin star. The problem we had is putting in the address: 1 Jubilee Hwy into TomTom GPS. The GPS brought us to Jubilee Hwy West which is the other side of the town. Type in Riddoch Highway and keep going until you see it. It is located on a big two-lane round about and directly opposite the McDonald and KFC.

1  Thank davidlK2260SQ
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

After reading reviews on this accommodation we were expecting great things. We were very disappointed. Our room, whilst large, was incredibly dated, jaded and grubby. The furniture was very worn and the settee had an unsightly hole in the soft upholstery. The Commodore is situated alongside a roundabout on a fairly busy road and hence it was quite noisy. Although advertising "we now provide wifi throughout" we were unable to connect unless we went to the reception area. When we mentioned this to the receptionist she shrugged and said "You're too far away". Altogether a miserable stay that we wouldn't wish to repeat.

2  Thank Fergus46
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We stayed here for one night during our Great Ocean Road trip and very nice it was too.

Our room was modern, large and comfortable, smartly decorated with effective aircon.

We ate dinner in the restaurant, the food was good and so was the service. Breakfast wasn't up to the same standard unfortunately.

Mount Gambier is a nice little town and the Blue Lake is stunning.

I would stay here again were I to return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple