Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
James C
Brunswick East, Australia

Beautiful

Review of Colhurst House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Oct 2023via mobile
Wow, this place really took our breath away.
Absolutely stunning to say the least.
Rooms are huge, comfortable and so beautifully decorated.
The property itself is just a masterpiece from its guest sitting room and all the charms of a old stately mansion.
It’s also right in the heart of town close to everything you need.
Without fail would certainly recommend this place to anyone looking for a stay in Mount Gambier.
Date of stay: October 2023
AU$96
    AU$96
1.8 km from Colhurst House
Free parking
Superior room: Bigger bed, better room facilities and amenities
AU$98
    AU$104
1.4 km from Colhurst House
Restaurant
View more hotels in Mount Gambier
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2023

My wife and I recently stayed at the Colhurst House, a beautiful and charming accommodation conveniently situated near Mount Gambier's city center. The location proved to be ideal, within walking distance of various shops and restaurants. The room itself was pleasant and well-maintained, complete with the added perk of a tea and Nespresso coffee machine.

While my overall experience was positive, I regretfully cannot award the hotel a perfect 5-star rating due to some issues encountered during the check-in process. After a long and tiring drive, the anticipation of a seamless check-in was dashed when we arrived and found no one at the reception desk. It turned out that the hotel had tried to contact me earlier, but since I had an international number, they were unable to reach me over the phone. A simple email or phone call (or whatapp number) with check in instructions would have alleviated this situation.

Unfortunately, the situation escalated when my email to the hotel went unanswered for more than 30 minutes. Frustrated, I had no choice but to make an expensive international call, which eventually resolved the matter. Thankfully, a kind staff member promptly arrived to assist with the check-in process after the call.

Another minor inconvenience was the absence of details regarding the Wi-Fi password in the room. A straightforward sign with this information would have resolved the issue without any hassle. Once again, I resorted to sending an email for the password but, disappointingly, received no response. This forced me to make another call, urgently requesting a reply to my email.

Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank Ilankasan
Reviewed 15 February 2023

Excellent accommodation would highly rate this Colhurst- white room. Beautiful charming character after a long day at work coming back to this lovely room was so relaxing. The member of staff that checked me in was very well presented well manned and so accommodating it added to the charm of the property, and the detail that he provided made me want t know more about the property. The first thing I did was research the history of the property. Beautiful touches to the room like the tea supplied to the soap provided. Amazing place to wind down after a long day. I will return

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2021

Patti is a fabulous host, great communication, genuinely caring. Colhurst House was fabulous, beautiful old world only a short walk to the town centre.

I enjoyed the very spacious White room, upstairs front corner of the property. Very comfortable. A great stay

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

Beautiful house, friendly care taker, delicious breakfast, huge rooms, really comfy beds and pillows, really couldn’t find anything wrong to write, I would highly recommend this splendid residence. Kathy and Brenton

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2021

Colhurst House is a grand old house with real creaking floorboards, not that it’s a downside.
he green room has a large bedroom and a massive bathroom, the biggest your ever likely to see. Bed is nice and comfortable

Whilst it’s a Bed & Breakfast, breakfast is extra, but well worth the investment. Muesli, Juice and yogurt followed by full cooked, with choice of goodies to your liking. The house is a very short walk the town centre and well located for all the attractions.

Date of stay: May 2021