All reviews white room granola pastry old house home away from home gardens are lovely fresh fruit salad centre of town a lovely stay large room cooked breakfast fantastic location the main street blue lake comfortable bed within walking distance the barn
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This was a lovely hotel, the room was amazing. We felt like English gentry for 1 day. If you have to stop between Melbourne and Adelaide make sure this is the place! There are some lovely things to do in the area.. volcano lake... And a fantastic eatery called the barn - famed for steak and famous people eating their.
Don't miss colhurst hotel- service and breekie!!@

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We travel... a lot! We were going to Mt Gambier for a family wedding and I wanted to stay somewhere nice. This exceeded our expectations. It is really stunningly lovely, the owner was very accommodating as I hadn't thought it out terribly well, check in was 2pm and the bus was scheduled to pick us up for the wedding at 2.25pm! A rushed call from the airport and she arranged to get us in earlier which was fabulous. The room was honestly one of the nicest that we have staying in, I loved everything about it. We will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: We stayed in the white room which was stunning but looking at the house I expect they are all nice
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We got a very comfy and large room, fit for royalty. The whole place was very romantic and well kept, and our hostess was very nice and helpful.
I looked forward to a good nights sleep in the king size bed after a long drive from Adelaide, but woke up in the middle of the night hearing someone saying ”get out of here...”. I got back to sleep after that, but didn’t sleep well.
Don’t know if anyone else have had similar experience, I am pretty sure it wasn’t a dream since English is not my native language and I never dream in English.
If you’re not sensitive like me then you should stay there, as the place it self is lovely.

Date of stay: January 2018
3  Thank Lucy-CRu
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The Colhurst house is a large old house that has many old period pieces in its rooms and elsewhere within the house. Our host was delightful and made sure our visit went well. We stayed in the white room and it was very spacious with a nice king bed, large bathroom and all the amenities.
It is well situated in town and within walking distance of a couple of eateries.
Breakfast was great with granola, mixed fruit and yogurt to start followed by eggs and bacon. Of course there was juice, tea, coffee and toast.
A very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
matthewsGSM5065, Owner at Colhurst House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for your review we are proud of being custodians of such a historic building the first two story building built in Mount Gambier and proud of our host Patty who dedicates so much effort seeing her guests enjoy the comforts of home, I agree the breakfast she serves is a delight to sit down to. Thank you again and have a pleasant journey.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Colhurst House is located within easy walking distance to the Main Street and a great walk to the blue Lake (20mins walk away). I stayed in the lovely 'Black Room' which was well appointed and very comfortable. The gardens are lovely, breakfast delicious and the host was delightful. Patty made sure that I was comfortable, well fed and looked after. It really felt like a home away from home. I recommend Colhurst house for a lovely experience.

Date of stay: December 2017