Lowest prices for your stay
AU$154
Hotels.com
AU$144
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews big room the main road receptionist bath renovation couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2023

I loved my stay here, our room was so spacious and the couch was so comfy we felt really rested by our stay here the bathroom was so modern and the tv in the bathroom was a much appreciated touch, I had a lovely long soak in the tub while watching tv, this felt like a luxury hotel and i would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2023

Spotless accommodation. Big room with all manner of extras - and with all that I needed. Nothing was too much trouble - the staff really care and I appreciated their very "can do" positive approach. Plus I saw evidence of that towards other clients re how pleasant and helpful they were as I was waiting in the foyer for my taxi on the last day. Seems they have many regular business clients who consistently stay and re-stay at the Presidential
Every staff member I met was very helpful - I needed their advice as this was my first time visit to Mt Gambier.
The food was fantastic.
On my last day I had to check out very early - that was no trouble for the staff. They were consistently pleasant on all occasions. My travel agent suggested this place and he was definitely correct

Room tip: the staff are very familiar with places to go and what is on and where
Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2022

Some colleagues and I enjoyed 2 nights of dinner at the newly renovated Presidential for a work trip to Mount Gambier. Simply, we were blown away with the quality of the food. Prior to the meal we were given a small selection of assorted seeds (sunflower etc.) to whet our appetite - such a simple yet effective idea that just suggested we were in for a treat. On the first night I enjoyed an eye fillet cooked rare which was simply perfect in taste, texture and temperature. It included some beautiful mushrooms and roast potatoes that were lightly seasoned with the "jacket" being a perfect level of crunch and chewiness - divine! On night two I enjoyed a pulled pork dish that was melt in the mouth and a cheesecake dessert that is presented in a dome-shape with a very elegant "P" (logo of the hotel) tab of white chocolate on top. The base was delectable - I thought they'd added sultanas to the "biscuit" base but I was told it was actually cranberries - either way - chewy and a taste explosion for the senses!
The restaurant looks really upmarket and modern without feeling pretentious - the staff are very friendly and welcoming as you would assume for a family run business and it just has a lovely ambience to it.
It IS an upper market experience that would be perfect for a romantic dinner, a business meeting or a wedding/corporate function and you just feel as though you've stepped into an experience you just know you'll enjoy - quite simply - I couldn't fault the quality of the food, the standard of service and the new-look renovation - if you're in Mount Gambier and you want a quality food experience, look no further.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2022 via mobile

We stayed a night at the Presidential Motel in Mt Gambier. The rooms are particularly large, clean and well appointed. The bathroom also hs bath, separate show and all the regular amenities. It was quiet and comfortable, at a very reasonable price. Thanks and well done!

Room tip: There is a courtyard to facilitate parking at your unit door. Very convenient.
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2022 via mobile

Very tired old motel room .Bathroom screaming to be dragged out of the 80s , chipped tiles , stained basin etc. Dirty carpets , old linen and then the road noise.. Mattress was ok but pillows not great.

Date of stay: November 2022