Lowest prices for your stay
AU$108
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
Hotels.com
AU$120
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews the main street great value for money convenient location good size one night stay renato
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2023

The motel is very dated and lacks upkeep. The rooms very small, the shower surged between freezing and scolding hot. The beds were comfy enough though. The biggest let down was they didn't have a laundry despite advertising that one was available. All that being said it was pretty cheap and there was a pub within easy walking distance.

Room tip: They do not have a laundry, even though they list one as available.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2023 via mobile

Our room was clean, neat and tidy. It was good value for money for a one night stay. Motel was in a central location to town and shops, and it was an easy walk to some of the town's attractions. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Motel was full, so parking was tight but manageable.

Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed 5 October 2022 via mobile

Unfortunately we were given an adjoining room & even though obviously the door between the rooms was locked, it didn’t block the noise from the other room where they were up until 2am talking loudly. It was an uncomfortable night & we didn’t get much sleep. Having stayed in various motels in Mount Gambier, this would be the worst.
It is in a good location however as it is easy to walk to the Main Street.

Room tip: Ask for a non adjoining room
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 1 July 2022 via mobile

Grand Central was truly central to everything. Able to walk to a lot of attractions and eating venues.
The gentleman on the desk was lovely and very helpful. The room was very clean, with a good size fridge and hanging space for clothes. Would definitely stay again.
Extremely good value for money.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 14 March 2022

My partner and I booked to stay two nights at this motel in March 2022. Andrew called me three days before arriving to confirm our stay and give us our room number. I confirmed and said we expected to arrive around 10pm. Nothing was said to suggest this was a problem.

When we arrived the place was closed and locked up. I called his mobile, apologised for disturbing but asking how we access the room. He was obviously angry at being woken up and inferred that I was being unreasonable for asking him to get out of bed and let us in. I was confused and stated that I had told him that we would be arriving at about this time three days ago. He became more annoyed when I tried to explain myself and told me he didn't have to come and open the room for us. He also kept angrily asking me when was I last had to get up late in the night for work. He kept saying that I should have called that day to confirm.

I can appreciate that he was annoyed about having to get out of bed. But I am confused about why the opening hours weren't explained to me, why we weren't told that arriving at that time would be a problem and why it wasn't explained that we needed to call on the day to confirm again. Had any of those things been explained, the situation would have been avoided. His anger and attitude that night was unnecessary and unjustified given the situation arose from a lack of information from him.

A very confusing and upsetting experience. Will not stay again, would not recommend

Date of stay: March 2022