“a truly wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seawall Apartments

Seawall Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“a truly wonderful experience”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We recently spent 5 nights at Seawall Apartments. From the first moment of making a reservation to check out a truly positive experience. Our apartment, the capt's quarters was overlooking the beach and it was very comfortable. Everything needed is provided for and it was so quiet at night. The beds were comfortable, and short of the carpet that looked a bit abused by some former guests (unfortunately) the place was perfect. Highly recommended, a unique experience, great staff and very relaxing atmosphere...we will come back.

Room Tip: If you require ocean view, talk to the business first.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your 'positive experience' with the TripAdvisor community drn01.
I realize I have just replied to your comment about the carpet in my reply to the next review titled 'can we move in'........sorry, I got a bit confused and it seems I cant edit my responses! Maybe I need a holiday too ;)
I am so glad to hear that you had a truly wonderful experience - the fabulous team here do our very best to make our guests feel as welcome and relaxed as possible!
Hope to see you again soon,
Rachael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed two nights in a two bedroom apartment over looking the sea and just loved it. Wished we could have stayed longer as it was the perfect place to unwind! Accommodation so clean and rooms welcoming with everything that was needed and more! Fantastic location with great staff. Looking forward to returning!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Wonderful to hear that you wished you could have stayed longer Bindy2611 - I have passed your kind comments onto the staff and they are delighted.
I'm glad you had a successful family holiday and everyone enjoyed their time at Seawall.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please contact us directly for best rates when you're planning your next trip to Glenelg.
Casterton
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Have stayed at Seawall apartments a number of times and in a different room each time. Faultless, well appointed apartments, friendly staff,walking distance to local resturants and attractions, easy to find and ample parking.Not too taxing on the hip pocket, and the views are to"die for". Would and have recommended to family and friends, the only place to stay when in Adelaide is at Seawall for us!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hi Karen S thank you for the perfect score review!
Your feedback is so important to us and we really appreciate the compliments and recommendation - better than money can buy.
Best in Glenelg - faultless - views to die for - what can I say - you love us!
Thank you so much for sharing the love and being such a loyal customer - Merry Christmas to you both,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Every now and then you stay in accommodation that destroys the competition and against which all else is measured. Seawall Apartments is that place. My relationship with hotels in the city has been mixed; they can be overpriced and while conveniently close to the CBD, far from the most beautiful areas of the city. I'd not considered staying in Glenelg before but booked two nights in Hills View on the basis of the reviews here. I'm so glad I did.

Just hours previously, I'd stepped off a plane from London into Australia as a permanent resident - this was my long-awaited migration to the country, and I decided to spend a little more to give myself the best starting point from which to begin my new life down under. The team at Seawall's provided a gorgeous apartment, wonderfully clean and highly maintained with modern finishings that maintain character and warmth. I arrived earlier than planned and they helpfully let me keep my bags in the suite while it was being cleaned. I took that time to take in the location, literally a stone's throw from the beach, next to a pedestrian esplanade. With the sun out, the ocean shimmering and the sand white, this was the paradise I envisioned as I boarded at Heathrow in the cold and rain.

I can't thank the team here enough. They were hands-off, so I hardly saw them, but the quality of their work shone through every spotless surface, every exchanged smile and every time I thought of where I stayed as I explored the city and looked forward to returning. The team are understandably proud of what they offer, and I am already looking forward to returning.

I'll finish with this: if you are looking through the hotels here and struggling to make a decision, perhaps Seawalls is a little out of your budget, just make the booking. This is a new standard of accommodation, and it eats hotels which cost three times as much for breakfast. You can thank yourself later.

Room Tip: Each of the accommodations are unique. I stayed in Hills View, which isn't looking onto the sea...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kalifire
Dear kalifire, thank you so much for your incredible review - we are completely over the moon.
Safe to say we have never had a review quite like it!
Thanks so much for thanking the staff, as they appreciate it and they love looking after our guests.
I am so glad we were able to be part of such a positive start to your new Aussie life in Adelaide.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kindest regards,
Rachael and the Team
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Seawall Apartments is the place to stay in Glenelg: sweet rooms, lots of quirky things to see, friendly staff. Walking and running on the esplanade with the locals is great, beach is just one step away, Jetty Road around the corner has all you need. Just bring your running shoes and your flipflops and no one will know you're not a local. Aussies are very hospitable: they do not only ask how you are, but wait for your answer as well. Open a map while standing in the street and the first one who passes will ask if he can be of assistance. The tram will bring you into the heart of Adelaide.

Room Tip: We loved the Courtyard for the sun and quietness, but since there are no cars allowed at the esplana...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you In-love-with-Bonaire for the wonderfully sweet review of your stay.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our style of aussie hospitality! Glenelg is such a friendly and relaxed place and I am thrilled to hear about the helpful locals and of course about our delightful staff.
It must be getting pretty chilly back home in the Netherlands now- do come and visit us again soon,
all the best,
Rachael, Jayne and Sophie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
0.5 km away
10.6 km away
Mayfair Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 57 in Adelaide

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!