“Relaxing stay after busy tours” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seawall Apartments
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Glenelg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irvine, CA
“Relaxing stay after busy tours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Conveniently located just a few minutes walk from the Jetty and town. Stayed in "the chapel" room which was nicely appointed, airy and cool (even without 2 the air con units which we expected to need given the weather). Everything required was provided and office staff were very helpful and friendly. Would certainly stay again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

First of all, sorry for the late review. Stayed here with my wife and my 2 year old son back then from September 29th for 3 nights. Was offered to stay at Quarter Deck.

I will list the positives first:
- excellent location,walking distance to Glenelg Jetty and the town itself. Easily accesible via tram services to Adelaide.
- contemporary apartment with a nice private deck which we will enjoy our breakfast every morning people watching :D
- lovely spa, but too bad the shower/bath were not separated.
- FREE wifi!! awesome!!
- the lady at the check in counter was very friendly and always eager to help. Finished my supply of beers on the first nite, was too lazy to go anywhere to purchase and thank god I bought some earlier form the counter, although selection was lmited and slightly more expensive
- love the views from our apartment

here are the few cons:
- the bed was too small for us!!
- loved the kitchen facilities but would be excellent if they could provide a little bit of cooking oil, a sponge and a washing liquid to do the dishes.
- slighly noisy from an adjacent room

overall, we enjoyed and loved our stay. Truly a special location and everything was so accessible. Parking for hired car was a no brainer and very secured.

Bought some excellent sausages from adelaide central market and enjoyed having it every morning at the private deck. Definitely would recommend.

And oh yea, we paid AUD$239/night for the apartment.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

The first time I stayed at seawall was in the captains quarters. The bedroom spa, and bathrooms were fantastic.
The negatives were the DVD player in lounge, it was a wireless one and it was dreadful, the sound and picture quality was appalling, and u couldn't watch DVDs in the bedroom at all even though it said you could. The worst problem was the kitchen, it wasn't usable at all really. There was hardly any bench space and there was no drainage for the dishes next to the sink. I had to wash dishes and drain them on the bench. There was no oven and the hotplates built into the bench were not in a good spot. The frypan they supplied was not a non stick one and it had left over bits of food on it from a previous guest.. This room cost 379 a night and it wasn't serviced once and I was there 3 nights and I felt the room was way overpriced..
The second time I stayed was in the stern studio, it was around 165 a night. The room was nice the only issues were the spot it was in. The room got really stuffy and all the windows were where people constantly walked past. If you opened up the blinds you had no privacy at all. The kitchen also had a couple of flaws too, the frypan was dirty like in the other room and the hotplates were portable camping style ones. I'm not a fan of takeaway I prefer cooking however both rooms I stayed in made it a challenge for me..the stern studio wasn't serviced either.. I did enjoy my stay both times but I think they should either offer more things or drop their prices. : ) SS

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Chrissy6767
RachaelOsborne, Manager at Seawall Apartments, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay Chrissy6767.
We really do appreciate your feedback and actively use it to help us improve our service.
I am sorry your experience was less than fabulous and we would have loved the opportunity to rectify your problems during your stay.
Our house keepers were absolutely mortified to hear that your fry pan was not clean! Cleanliness perfection is the goal and they have taken this matter very seriously.
I do wish you had told us how important an oven was to you during your first stay, we have many different apartments with full size ovens and we would have endeavored to give you one of these had we known.
Our staff are always on hand to rectify ant issues and our housekeeping staff are always available, I am sorry if that was not made clear to you during your first stay.
I hope you will give us another opportunity. Please contact us directly and we can make sure we find the perfect apartment for you,
Kind regards and thanks,
Rachael Osborne
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This place is a dream for anyone in Gleleng on holiday or business.,..My review from last year could be repeated here. Clean rooms (I stayed in a quiet Olive Mews), massive jacuzzi - all 3 steps away from the beach. Wake up early and walk barefoot to the beach and then towards Brighton to admire sunrise - very memorable. I loved this place - look no further when in Glenelg! Free WiFi internet is a bonus,

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Nice homley feel by the sea. Collection of apartments in several buildings. Only 2 stories which has a much nicer feel than the other racked and stacked apartments. 2 bdroom apartment we stayed in was lovely, each room had an ensuite. Comfy beds and very quiet made for great sleeps. Would definatley stay again if in town.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenelg
0.5 km away
10.6 km away
Mayfair Hotel
Mayfair Hotel
#1 of 58 in Adelaide

Been to Seawall Apartments? Share your experiences!