3,354 results
All reviews promenade restaurant winter wonderland grand bar great location ocean view cocktail lounge glenelg beach jetty road buffet breakfast high tea balcony room valet parking tram stop city adelaide concierge conference
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stamford Grand Adelaide was the perfect facilities for accommodation and conference. Views to the ocean were superb from the rooms. The grounds out the front of the hotel were beautifully manicured. walking distance and close to all amenities was a bonus. Top service in the restaurant and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'd come back but I hot the hot tub and warm water is fixed. I will say the dinner was fantastic and the service was outstanding. The rooms could use an update but beyond that I enjoyed my time in Adelaide

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerard K, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear stuartma,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review your recent experience at Stamford Grand Adelaide.

We are currently planning the refurbishment of our rooms and this will hopefully help to address some of your concerns.

We do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely let down and disappointed by my experience with the Stamford Grand Adelaide! I would strongly recommend That anyone looking into this property look for an alternative hotel & function venue. While visiting from the UK I had family and friends fly from all over Australia to celebrate my 40th Birthday with me. I had multiple guests booked in multiple rooms, plus a dinner booked in their Promenade Restaurant for a large party. All communications with the hotel and restaurant leading up to to event were strained and information, requests and our requirements were not understood or taken seriously. I was promised email confirmations on multiple occasions and had to call repeatedly to get them sent. I called a month prior to arrival to confirm an ocean view room for our stay and was promised this would be ok and taken care of on arrival. This was not done by the hotel, nor any notes even put on our reservation, leaving as standing at check in feeling disappointed and let down by this property and it’s staff again. Fortunately the receptionist heard our disappointment and found us an ocean view room, after being told repeatedly that there were no rooms available at all. After arriving in Adelaide, one week before our event, we called into the hotel to try to confirm all the arrangements for our event in person as no communication was coming from the property. While in the property we spoke to reception and requested parking for one vehicle and as we had given the hotel multiple room reservations and a dinner function, asked if the car space could be complimentary. The receptionist said she would arrange this, took our number and said she would call to confirm she had updated our reservation. This call never came and as per all of our experiences up to that point, no confirmation was received. Fortunately we didn’t need to use the car park overnight, and only had the car in the hotel garage for 2 hours the following morning, however on check out, unsurprisingly we were told that there was no record of our conversation with the receptionist and the parking must be paid. The gentleman checking my then proceeded to charge me the overnight parking rate even though the car was only in the garage for 2 hours. I had to complain and after the gentleman asking multiple colleagues, he grudgingly refunded me the overnight rate and charged me $12 for 2 hours parking! The next issue was when we called in a week prior to the event, we advised that our niece would be staying in our room and we would require a rollaway. Once again when we checked in this was all news to the hotel and no notes placed on our booking. Due to the disappointment with not having the room we requested, we were told by the receptionist when he fixed our room not to worry about the rollaway fee of $55, but when we checked out we were again asked to pay for something we were no longer planning on, no notes were placed on our booking and no inter company communication happened. I complained about this as it put me on the spot yet again and I managed to have this fee waived. For my 40th Birthday Cake I ordered and pre paid $140 for a Croquembouche cake to serve 25 people. No sides (ice cream or cream) we’re offered with this and I had to pay extra for this. The cake was ENCASED in toffee and was as a result practically inedible. A croquembouche cake is supposed to be delicately joined with small dabs of toffee and garnished with spun sugar. I was heart broken. From what we could eat, my 13 guests had the majority of the cake in pieces and the plates were piled with inedible piles of toffee incased profiteroles. I’m glad we didn’t had 25 guests as the advertised cake should have fed because we would have been at an enormous loss. I can’t explain how disappointed I am by the cake. In addition to all the above dissatisfaction, two of my guests on check out were charged for parking when they didn’t even have cars. This is the kind of venue where your invoices need to be read carefully, nothing you discussed with staff will passed onto colleagues, disappointment lies in all transactions and it should be avoided at all costs! I welcome feedback form this venues management.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank KeironR1
Gerard K, General Manager at Stamford Grand Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear KeironR1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our property on line and for taking my call to discuss your concerns. As I said on the phone all the team here at the Stamford Grand were disappointed to read your comments and to learn so late that your birthday celebrations were anything less than perfect. We are all about celebrating special occasions at the Grand and feedback such as yours is thankfully rare. You did mention that none of the concerns raised in your review were mentioned during your short stay with us and that in an effort not to spoil the party you waited until after your departure to share your disappointment. Whilst of course we understand this approach we do encourage guests to share their experience before their departure so that we can address them in a more appropriate way.

No we didn’t have any record of an offer to upgrade your booking without an charges, upon your arrival but despite being full I was pleased to note that the team did quickly find you the best ocean suite we have at no extra cost. No we didn’t have a record of an offer for free parking but after finding out that you were so disappointed by this charge I was happy to waive it. We discussed at length the standard of the birthday cake we provided and am glad we were able to come to an appropriate resolution to the concerns raised. In concluding we again send apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced and we hope the long trip back to the UK went smoothly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Would highly recommend this hotel. It was spacious, good size rooms, great location and fine dining in the hotel restaurant. The room service was also high standard and prompt. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear tracibonnici,

Fantastic to read you had an amazing getaway and would highly recommend us! We strive to proved the best service to all our guests and it is great to hear when we have been able to do just that.

We value your support and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Stamford Grand.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

have said it was good good happy with room and service loved the locationHave stay there many many time over the years and is always goodhaving to type 200 characters to answer questions is a bit much

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Dear djarvi563810,

It is fantastic to read that you continue to return as you love our location and we continue to provide great service.

We value all your support and do look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Glenelg.

Warm regards,