“Needs to get with the times”

Stock Hotel Toowoomba
Ranked #241 of 328 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Price range: USD 5 - USD 21
Description: Known for its fun, relaxed and friendly service, the Stock Hotel is the perfect place to enjoy a family meal or catch your favourite sports games live in the Sports Bar. Our family-friendly restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. From quick lunchtime bites to classic pub favourites and succulent steaks, there’s something on our menu for everyone.
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

$7.00 for two cans of drink, meal was not worth the wait and they don't accept eftpos over the counter at the Bar this day and age should be available unfortunately wont be back.

Hgroup, Public Relations Manager at Stock Hotel Toowoomba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Murray W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent visit. Unfortunately no we do not offer eftpos at our bar. We do however offer eftpos it our bistro and retail facilities. We also have two conveniently located ATM's for the customers use. Please accept my sincere apologise for the inconvenience you experienced and allow me to thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Always lovely to dine at this hotel, huge meals, plenty of different meals on the menu, friendly staff and there's room to move around. Even the special of the day - $12 rump was great.

Hgroup, Public Relations Manager at Stock Hotel Toowoomba, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Dear Julie P,
Thank you for providing us with this great review. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals. I will pass your regards onto our chef and staff who will be pleased to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards, Management

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Unfortunately I did not have a good experience with my meal. So I wouldn't go back. The staff were very friendly and did offer me a free sweet which I didn't want or a free drink.

Dear Lorraine H,
Please accept our sincere apologies in regards to your recent dining experience. We are glad to hear the staff managed the situation in a friendly manner and hope you will consider dining with us again in the future.
Kind regards, Management

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My partner and I recently decided to give this pub a try. Usually a quick cheap meal means a burger and fries at McDonalds but we were finding a meal there usually cost abut $10 anyway, so a pub meal might be better value. We were not disappointed. The food service was prompt and courteous and the meal was generous and well presented. Our steaks were quite tender if not the best we'd had, the chips nice and crunchy, and the salad was a nice variety of leaves, with baby beetroot cherry tomatoes and cucumber. I ordered a tasty mushroom sauce at no extra cost and it was delicious. The place was pretty busy, it was a Sunday night and although the décor was not fancy we were there for a quick meal and that's what we got. The only drawback - drinks are ordered separately at the bar and paid for in cash.

Hgroup, Public Relations Manager at Stock Hotel Toowoomba, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Dear Janette J,
Thank you for leaving feedback for the Stock Hotel, your time is greatly appreciated. This is lovely news about your recent visit. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals. Our award winning steak is definitely a favourite among our diners but it is also good to hear about the sides being a success as well. I will pass your review onto our staff and chefs who will be delighted to hear of your positive feedback. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

A large group of elderly citizens from our retirement village went there for lunch. After all meals were delivered, I had not been served so mentioned this to wait staff. No apologies but said would speak to the chef. Waited another 20 minutes but still nothing. Finally, when all other diners had well and truly finished their meals, I was informed that I would have to accept a take-away. I accepted most reluctantly. I later threw the meal in the bin as the very thickly cut ham was tough, tasteless and totally inedible! NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Hgroup, Public Relations Manager at Stock Hotel Toowoomba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Dear DACCLES,
I am disappointed to learn of your experience at the Stock Exchange Restaurant. I have now passed your review onto our manager so we can put some changes in place to ensure this does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies in regards to standard of your meal as well as our service. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is greatly appreciated.