All reviews family room separate bedroom great room rooms are clean a great place to stay motel accommodation unit carnival australia flowers hospital
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I had travelled around Queensland for almost a fortnight before I got to the Eastgate and it was a real pleasure to find it.
I was really surprised just how quiet it was being near the top of the range at Toowoomba but I did not hear any of the traffic and slept really well.
The rooms were comfortable, well appointed and bigger than most motels too.
I would certainly stay again!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank John P
Eastgate R, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate your comments after all of our hard work.
The insulation and double glazing of the windows and the doors has made a large difference to the noise experienced by our customers. If you're in Toowoomba again, we hope to see you again at the Eastgate.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

This motel was everything I was looking for. It's old school, but in a good way. The room was very comfortable and clean and had everything I needed for my one night stay. The greeting was friendly and I was supplied with fresh milk for my coffee on check in, much preferred to the usual long life milk.

The WiFi was free and performed well for my purposes. I was able to check email, update social media and watch some online video clips without an issue.

Some people complain that they found the bed too hard, but I like a firm mattress and thought it was great. I've also seen comments about noise from the nearby highway. It was a little noisy, but not enough to disturb my sleep. Check that the windows are closed or ask for a room toward the back of the complex if noise is an issue for you.

My room service breakfast was exactly what I expected and excellent. If you're looking for a trendy breakfast of smashed avocado and chia with activated almonds, you are in the wrong place. Think more the breakfast version of a traditional Aussie pub mixed grill. A great start to the day. Plenty of other options to choose from as well.

This is not a 5 star hotel, so go in with the expectation that you are staying in a family run motel, with clean and comfortable rooms that represents good value for money. It made me nostalgic for motels of the 60s and 70s.

Room tip: If you are a very light sleeper you might need a room at the back
Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank John M

Thanks John M for taking the time to review us. So glad to hear that you had a really enjoyable stay. Thanks for bringing up the noise issue and realising that making sure the windows are closed makes a big difference. When the range crossing is completed, we are expecting heavy haulage will not be passing by us.

Scott

P.S We'd be happy to make you smashed avocado with activated almonds.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

I've stayed in hotels and motels across the world and can honestly say that this place is the best value for money that I've ever experienced. Super clean facilities, great restaurant, quiet despite proximity to highway, good location and, no exaggeration, the best free wifi, including paid wifi offerings, that I've ever had the privilege to use! I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room tip: Choose the back section for quietest option.
Date of stay: September 2016
2  Thank seancairns77

Wow Sean, it's so nice to receive a great review like yours as we do put a lot of work into the Eastgate. You're welcome any time and if you stay again please make yourself known to myself or my team.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

The motel room was reasonably appointed and on tap creams and shampoos etc in the bathroom which was tidy and clean. The bed was a little firm and thats a personal thing really but engine braking of trucks descending the nearby hill meant I had to don earplugs. The timing of my stay was also unfortunate as there were night roadworks also being undertaken down the hill. I had a top floor room which perhaps allowed more noise to penetrate in. Some other reviewer commented on milk and would be better if small closed containers were offered to make customer ferrying of the stuff easier. I didn't eat there but its a short walk across the road for Maccas and KFC if thats your thing for breakfast. I dont indulge in that often but......

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thanks Darren about your mixed feelings. Sorry you had to don ear plugs whilst staying with us. We do offer Dairy Farmers Original Milk in closed containers to our guests. If for some reason, we'd run out of milk we will offer a covered container of milk and if it's difficult to take to the room, we are happy to bring it to you. All people have to do is ask and we're happy to help out.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I had a few nights stay here for my employment. And what a very pleasant surprise. Comfortable, spacious rooms, great bathroom and facilities, everything has been thought of. Sparkling clean which is always a treat.
And the meals in the restaurant were superb. Also had room service, which arrived bang on the time requested.
Have no hesitation recommending this to anyone, single, couple or family.
Thank you for your hospitality.

Room tip: There are also separate villas.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Eastgate R, Manager at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Patricia thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm really happy that you were happy with your stay. It looks like you enjoyed every part of our motel. The chef and cleaners are very dedicated and I will pass on your compliments to them. Thanks for your review.