All reviews family room separate bedroom great room rooms are clean a great place to stay motel accommodation unit carnival australia flowers hospital
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The motel room was reasonably appointed and on tap creams and shampoos etc in the bathroom which was tidy and clean. The bed was a little firm and thats a personal thing really but engine braking of trucks descending the nearby hill meant I had to don earplugs. The timing of my stay was also unfortunate as there were night roadworks also being undertaken down the hill. I had a top floor room which perhaps allowed more noise to penetrate in. Some other reviewer commented on milk and would be better if small closed containers were offered to make customer ferrying of the stuff easier. I didn't eat there but its a short walk across the road for Maccas and KFC if thats your thing for breakfast. I dont indulge in that often but......

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Eastgate R, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thanks Darren about your mixed feelings. Sorry you had to don ear plugs whilst staying with us. We do offer Dairy Farmers Original Milk in closed containers to our guests. If for some reason, we'd run out of milk we will offer a covered container of milk and if it's difficult to take to the room, we are happy to bring it to you. All people have to do is ask and we're happy to help out.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I had a few nights stay here for my employment. And what a very pleasant surprise. Comfortable, spacious rooms, great bathroom and facilities, everything has been thought of. Sparkling clean which is always a treat.
And the meals in the restaurant were superb. Also had room service, which arrived bang on the time requested.
Have no hesitation recommending this to anyone, single, couple or family.
Thank you for your hospitality.

Room tip: There are also separate villas.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Eastgate R, Manager at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Patricia thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm really happy that you were happy with your stay. It looks like you enjoyed every part of our motel. The chef and cleaners are very dedicated and I will pass on your compliments to them. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Not a bad motel, but not great by any means. It was a clean room and quite spacious. Unfortunately the bed was like sleeping on a slab of cement - both myself and my partner kept waking up with sore hips and shoulders from the hard bed. There was also a drip from the roof that was so loud outside our room, which was really annoying trying to sleep. It's a fairly noisy location at the top of the range and even with doors and windows shut, you can hear every truck that goes past. Overall, pretty average stay, mainly because of the lack of sleep we got.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear that you and your partner found the bed uncomfortable. As we normally ask if your stay was okay, this is a great time to let us know about any problems you've had with the room. We've checked our maintenance records and there is no record regarding the dripping outside your room. It helps us a lot to be informed by our guests so that these issues can be resolved.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

What a great motel.. We ride motorcycles social and were welcomed with open arms .. Fantastic breakfast and Scott the owner and family catered for all our needs .. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bed was great . The location was easy to find ..Will go back again

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Diggerdownunder
Scott G, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

You are welcome back anytime. I'm glad we catered to all your needs and that you thought it was a great motel.

Reviewed 17 February 2016

WOW... We were travelling back to Melbourne from the Gold Coast, after a 3 week holiday on the road. (Newell Hwy is better to get home Vic peops)
We had been at WetnWild and we were all a little frantic/exhausted!! (Also, the food I had in the mini car fridge needed to be cooked!) We booked by lastminute.com a family room at this unknown place in Toowoomba. We had only done Motel rooms or Big4 on the way up on the Pacific HWY.
My Husband and I, with 2 young children arrived and were greeted with "LOVE" and then were shown our room we booked online. One room for all of us. OK. Too tired to care.
Happy to just pay.
We came back to show credit card details and I then notice the bar fridge in reception and said, can we please buy a drink for the room? YES, I was advised!! OHHH Glory to a Mum's eye, I bought an alcoholic breezer!!" Our lovely OWNER had a great chat with us, kids included with a lemonade, and offered to show us a cabin with 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen, balcony, for an extra $30. PLUS the double glazed doors so there was no noise whilst sleeping. {He had spent his time wanting to know about our trip,we all talked enthusiastically} SOLD.. We are members of the BIG 4 Caravan Park, but for an overnight stay, the price was better, even with our discount. (And off course the personal touch)
That night, whilst our kids were asleep in the 2nd room, Hubby and I sat on the balcony and talked about our trip. We talked about our fun, our children, our love and our future. It was awesome and will be remembered as one of our best nights, BECAUSE WE STAYED HERE!!!....THANKYOU….

Room tip: Absolutely stay here
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Angie K

Thankyou for giving us a great review. Nice to read that you had a great night.