All reviews family room separate bedroom great room rooms are clean a great place to stay motel accommodation unit carnival australia flowers hospital
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Booked a cabin for a quick stay during a work trip. Spacious and comfortable enough with a kitchen-lounge and separate bedroom with a large en-suite and spa bath.

Surprisingly quiet considering the constant stream of trucks driving up and down the range on a very steep incline. The bedroom and lounge had double doors and double glazing so I really didn't hear the truck noise at all.

No conventional oven, only a microwave so don't bring food for cooking in an oven.
No views to speak of from the cabins. There might be some views from the upper rooms of the central motel complex?

The greeting on arrival was strange. I felt like I was being looked up and down and 'inspected' to make sure I wasn't the type to throw a party and wreck the place. Very old style check-in when you are asked if you want milk for coffee.

The restaurant had zero diners that night. No-one in the adjoining bar. The place was socially deceased.

The room was comfortable and clean enough to enjoy a decent sleep and move on the next day. For the price, this was pretty good value.

Room tip: Ring reception for help getting the Wi-Fi to work. I couldn't work it out. They still have the old Ethernet cables and complex code set-up.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Rednut
Eastgate R, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

I'm glad you found the room comforableand clean. Yes we do ask people checking in if they would like fresh Dairy famers milk for tea or coffee, as some people dont use milk. Feel free to fill me in whats old style and what you would consider up to date. It depends on what night your here but somtimes the bar and resturant are not being used. We do alot of room service meals. We do have Wi-Fi running at maximum speed.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Very nice rooms, huge bathroom with huge shower head - our room had queen bed, single bed and fold out couch into double bed. With a family of 5 (two teens) the floor space was limited with the couch folded out but very doable and a really lovely motel. Close to hospital and under 10 mins to city centre. Restaurant on the premises.

Date of stay: June 2015
1  Thank Kylie13sam

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

Stayed overnight for the second time. Everything was spotless, room was large, bed was comfy. Owners very obliging. In-room cooked breakfast was huge and very good value. Although it is on the highway, we had no problems with noise at all.

Room tip: Rooms at back may be quieter during busy periods. The owner tells me he has installed thicker glass in the front units.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tbtravels711
Eastgate R, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2015

Thank you for your review. We really try hard to keep our rooms very clean. If ever there is ever anything not to standard please let reception know and we can try fix anything that's not right. I'll pass the compliment onto my mother as she cooked the breakfast.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

Stayed in a family cabin, which despite Eastgate being on the Warrego Highway/Toowoomba Range was surprisingly quiet. Comfy beds, fully equipped kitchen and even a good shower. Good value for money. Pity about Weis' being closed but plenty to choose from.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back of the motel
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank timcR1242MN

Thank you for the nice review. We have double glazed a lot of the property and insulated so our guests have a more pleasant stay. I agree it is a great shame that Weis has closed.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

hotel is right next to the highway....noisy noisy noisy...... save your money..........toilet was leaking contuiniously on to the floor wifi was so slow you could have used aus post would be faster...for the money they charge it is poor value.

Room tip: go to another hotel
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jon b B

Thanks for your review. We have some rooms closer to the highway than others. Most rooms are double insulated, insulation under floor and in ceiling. As a builder with 30 years experience all you had to do was call reception about the toilet running and I would have fixed it for you or given you a new room. I tried calling to apologise but got nothing but a furious guest ranting and raving that I knew the toilet was leaking. After checking out it was fixed within the hour. As for our WIFI we have the fastest WIFI available. Soon the NBN will be installed so it will be faster again.