All reviews family room separate bedroom great room rooms are clean a great place to stay motel accommodation unit carnival australia flowers hospital
Reviewed 24 January 2015

This motel had everything we required for a one night stay. We thought a "Bungalow" with a spa sounded like fun. It wasn't quite as romantic as we expected and the unit was a duplex type building, of which there are quite a few. Although the motel seemed largely vacant, we were placed in a "bungalow" in full view of reception and to be honest, for two professionals in our 40s, we felt a little bit like 20 somethings who might potentially cause trouble. If only.

The room was reasonably well appointed and clean. A dining table isn't always provided and certainly a porch with furniture would have been well utilised in the cool of the evening, had we been placed with a little more consideration to our privacy.

Checkout in the morning is best left as a key in the door, because I barely raised a "thank you" from the owners, but got a decent staring down for some reason. Yes two adults in two separate cars meet in motels on weekends. Who knew? Did it do the trick? Not really. The motel we checked into up the road the next night was much more welcoming.

Room tip: Don't bother asking for a spa, or give away the intent of enjoying yourself and you'll possibly get a private room.
Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank Cam H
Scott G, Owner at Eastgate on the Range, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

I remember you as we were new to the motel. So I just wanted to clear up a few things. You were in room 36 which is one of the units further away from the street. I can't see you from reception at all. There is a dinning room table inside the room. All of our rooms have them. The deck has table and chairs as well. In front of the deck there's a hedge that's 1.2m high while standing on the deck,= privacy.
I can guarantee we had no problem with you and certainly had no reason to be keeping an eye on you. You could have asked for another room. At the time of your check in I was just going to evict a number of teenagers. Three booked in and then more showed up and I had to ask them to leave. They left peacefully but I didn't know what was going to happen as there was 13 of them. You took it the wrong way and I'm sorry about your stay but without saying anything to us you go online and didn't give us a chance to help you..

Reviewed 28 October 2014

Often I find incorrect facts regarding both great places with poor reports and terrible places with great reports. Last night, we found an unexpected treat. The Eastgate Motel on the range, in Toowoomba, Queensland is amazing. It has been taken over by a new owner, Scott Gelling 3 1/2 weeks ago. Spotlessly clean, great beds, huge bathroom and an amazing restaurant. We were sorry we could only stop 1 night as we had already booked the flight back to Adelaide today. Eastgate on the range definitely deserves the highest rating possible. Staff and Scott and his family are so friendly, nothing is too much trouble.

Room tip: We had a room at the back which was quiet. No stairs.
Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank Anne D

Your review is wonderful and is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 24 October 2014

Booked into this motel for the first set of five nights (total of 20+ nights in total needed) and was ultra concerned about cleanliness, having just spent 6 weeks in a disgustingly smoke and nicotine smelling and stained room in Hawker (ACT). I was very very pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the friendliness of the staff (I was greeted with an offer of fresh milk- instead of that loathesome UHT rubbish- a small thing I appreciated greatly). The room was also clean smelling, which to a non-smokerand someone who gags at the smell of cigarettes was a welcome relief.
Congratulations to the new owner/manger of 3 weeks. I was delighted to hear that they are charging people who smoke in the non-smoking rooms; this MUST be replicated by other motels and hotels alike. I am about to book the rest of the nights here without any qualms what so ever and thoroughly recommend this establishment to travellers. It is also close to some very good restaurants too!!.

Room tip: If traffic noise from trucks is a problem for you, tell management and they seem very willing to do anything possible to help people and show genuine concern.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. Yes we took over in late September 2014 and were still here. I just wanted to reply to everybody who reviewed us. Thanks

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We arrived late and in the rain. Ordered room service and the food was excellent. Room was a little on the older side but quite clean and comfortable. Had a suite room so room was a little larger than average and had table and chairs.

Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed at Eastgate a number of times over the years (and again just this week) and every time our stay has been of the highest standard with absolute comfort and enjoyment with extremely welcoming hosts. We have stayed in the motel rooms and when with our son & his wife, have stayed in the family units. Everytime, we've had spotlessly clean, well furnished rooms and each time the bed has been of the utmost comfortable and the shower always with abundant hot water. We have never had the same room twice so have had a chance to see/use a variety of rooms and am happy to say we've never had a bad experience. Every room has been perfect.

We travel to Toowoomba a couple of times a year and Eastgate is where we stay every time. I cannot fault this motel and highly, HIGHLY recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2014