“A Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #32 of 376 Restaurants in Toowoomba
Price range: USD 10 - USD 31
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, Street Food
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: With a reputation of being the place to be seen, Phat Burgers consistently maintains quality food and customer service that really makes you feel at home. We have a huge selection of gourmet burgers that have become iconic within the local urban culture and will not be found anywhere else in the world. Our food is fresh, made on the premises by professionals with lunch specials that include a different roast everyday (wagyu rump, lamb, pork, chicken), homemade gourmet sausage rolls, pies and a selection of wet dishes that will all delight your tastebuds. We are also fully licenced, so come in, get a Phat Burger and enjoy your favourite drop! Backed by the Number 1 Caterer on the Darling Downs- Etiquette 24/7 Catering & Events , we can also cater for any size or type of event from private to corporate to weddings.
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Went there for a snack when it was near to closing time. The owner/ person who attended to us did not hesitate to take our order and was kind enough to let us sit in and dine even though they were already kind of cleaning up and were about to close.(thank you for that) We ordered the Van Helsing as it seemed to be a crowds favourite. A wonderful concoction of beef patty, pickled beetroot, other pickled veg and yummy sauce sandwiched in between the burger buns (those buns reminds us of banh mi buns- but thats a genius!)

Fuss free place. highly recommended burger joint! we'll definitely return for more the next time we visit toowomba :)

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Casual hamburgers of all sorts and steak sandwiches too. Friendly rock and roll playing that suits this baby boomer. Tasty also veggie and GF options.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

New shop location, burgers are still the best in town, would highly recommend phat burgers to anyone looking for a great feed!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Specialist burger joints are catching on ... there's one in particular that we tried a while ago on the sunshine coast that was quite good, but the choice of burger was a little underwhelming!! Not so this place. Choice rules supreme here ... and the staff seemed so funky I wouldn't mind betting they'd even have a shot at customising one if you were nice about it!!

Chose the down town store ... easiest for us. Chatty lady, and one of the most pleasant young fellas I've seen for a while working the counter/doing the cooking. Surroundings low and cool ... noticed a chessboard at one table; and they even had a recent issue of MAD magazine to entertain those waiting for takeaway. Haven't seen this for a while ... we dig MAD!!! Nice aquarium too.

Chose 4 different big burgers (all could be had in small size as well), and a chicken "Pocket Rocket" for our youngest. Pricing was fair for the heft of the burgers ... and I doubt you'd be all that hungry even after tackling the rocket! Burgers wrapped in white paper ... and carry bags are all paper. TOP marks environmentally!

The chicken "Phoenix Rising" burger had a huge slab of succulent grilled chicken - noteworthy, and fresh-as avo! The others were well stacked and sauced. Despite this, the "Doctor" burger muncher reported a slight dryness overall. I personally had the "Van Helsing". No complaints from me. Another had the "Redneck", and he felt that his was too saucy .... can't please 'em all!!

Place is well located close to the intersection of Herries and Ruthven Street, and parking's fine in the evening. Might be a different story during the day though ... shame that Toowoomba's CBD has become such a weird and slow area to negotiate ... but can't help that.

Scores varied round the table ... with a high 4 being the average ... I gave them 4.5 -. well earned too. Unfortunately we can't do half marks, so I'll have to run with the crowd. Overall a good concept fairly done.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

(Northpoint Shopping Centre store)

My third visit to Phat Burgers, and three years on from my last visit, the burgers are still as amazing. The Ruthven Street store was shut, but luckily the New England Hwy one was open for business.

The burger was amazing. Nothing prepares you for the size of the buns, which I am lead to believe are cooked in-house. The pattie was just right (a little bit small for the bun), but it's those additional fillings that make Phat Burgers what it is.

If I am being real picky, the burgers took a little longer to come out on a quiet night, but I think that's just the love and attention that goes into making the buns and pattie work. Also, as is my preference, there could have been a little more saucy-ness.

The chips too are not your usual fair and have one of the best textures I have ever had.

Prices are very reasonable for the quality.

Well done Phat Burgers, you need to get a store down into Brisbane.