All reviews shopping centre across the road buffet breakfast clifford gardens petrol station coffee machine busy road the main highway spa bath rooms are spacious a great place to stay single bed room service would stay again free wifi plenty of parking the ground floor
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Checking in was quick and the staff were lovely. The room was well worth the price. Was hospital grade clean and well maintained. We decided to eat in the restaurant for dinner. Big mistake. There was one staff member running around like a crazy person trying to do everything at once. We ordered our meals and we waited..and waited..and waited some more. We were waiting about 1 hour and 40 minutes and where about to leave when our meals finally arrived. The chicken schnitzel I order was so overcooked it was almost inedible. My husband ordered a steak and it was dry and way overcooked. We did complain and the waitress was very apologetic and offered us drinks and garlic bread on the house. We have stayed here many times before and dining in has always been such a pleasant experience. I don't like giving bad reviews but this was unacceptable.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank henry4890
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This was a weekend away for my husband and I, having booked on Bookings.com we were excited as it looked wonderful.
Booking in on arrival we waited for about 10 mins while the only staff member was on the phone. The room itself was a different one than advertised yet neat and tidy.
We couldn't afford to eat in the restaurant on both nights, so this was to be a special treat. Here is the downfall of this Hotel. There are two restaurants, one in a separate room and the other in the entrance area of the restaurant itself. So there was one waitress for two seating rooms, she was young, run off her feet and people were waiting to order for 20 mins, we waited 20 mins to order a drink before being remembered. The owner/manager didn't seem to care and stayed behind the bar.
People were waiting for food for 30 minutes and I just sat and watched the unhappy mood of some concerned. This restaurant saved wages by only having one waitress, but to the detriment of its patrons local, and hotel guests. The food was average and one of the meals we ordered was so over cooked it was so disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hljames2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I travel to Toowoomba every month for work. Although has recently changed Staff and no longer with Choice Hotels I feel it has kept its atmosphere and has appointed new and friendly Staff. Room is always immaculate and I have a passion for their garlic prawn topper. I cannot falter their food or service. I prefer the downstairs rooms with a courtyard and I will continue to visit monthly.

Room tip: If you like a balcony choose upstairs rooms if you prefer a courtyard choose downstairs
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Outside and inside very modern.
Inside rooms are clean and looking fresh.
Bathroom modern and big. Shower gel with body lotion has fruity pleasant smell.
Ordered dinner to room. Soup of the day (Peas and ham) touch to salty, schnitzel was ok, and kids chips and nuggets were good.
Place recommended definitely.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here recently and could not fault the place. Rooms were clean and spacious. Good restaurant with bar attached. Food was fine. I found that the bar not opening till 6.00pm a little odd as I seemed to be that a lot of guests were business types who would have had a beer before dinner. Breakfast was nice but it was a buffet and I personally prefer to have a prepared on order meal. It is also situated on a very busy road and is a little too far from the city center so if you wanted to eat out you would need to drive. Whilst I can't say I had a bad experience here as service and staff were fine it just wasn't suitable for me personally.

Date of stay: April 2017