All reviews seafood buffet spa suite place to stay water front lovely room mini bar town centre checking out enjoyed my stay night stay great spot washing machine and dryer breakwater zoey marquee wedding balconies
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Stayed here for work and couldn't have been more pleased we did. Fantastic hotel in a beautiful location, makes a work trip to Mackay feel relaxed and idyllic on the waterfront. Particularly enjoyed dining at the Hotel restaurant (Latitude 21 Bar & Restaurant) in the evening. The food and service were both fantastic. We made very short work on a selection of prawns, oysters and lamb, all of which were cooked to perfection. Would happily recommend a stay for either business or pleasure and the restaurant is well worth a trip in its own right.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie N
Gardiner B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Dear Jamie

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was also good to see that our restaurant, Latitude 21, was to your liking, I will pass your comments on to them. Again thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Office manager

Reviewed 16 March 2015

We found the Clarion Hotel quite by accident. We are so pleased that we did. The staff have been fabulous; friendly and helpful. We have changed our plans a couple of times (we just wanted to stay longer at a busy time)and staff could not have been more helpful. We found the place comfortable and that view is amazing. Only negatives were the bed and pillows. Too hard for me but have a bad shoulder at present. Staff told me excitedly that by the end of the year the whole place will be totally revamped. I thought the place was pretty darn good. We loved the place. We have travelled up from Brisbane and it was a breath of fresh air. Thank You!

Room tip: Go higher!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine M

Dear Christine

Thank you for your feedback.
It was great to read that even though you found us by accident we exceeded your expectations. We have indeed begun our refurbishment and can’t wait for the finished product. I hope that you get well soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

I’ve stayed here several times over the past 4 or 5 years. I like it. Mackay doesn’t exactly have a lot of hotels in great locations, however, this one is an exception. The hotel overall is pretty good, but in my opinion, not great. They seem to operate the place on a shoe string as staff at times seems to be stretched thin and unavailable. On the positive side, the rooms are clean, the pool area is amazing, marina views beautiful and just down the walkway is Deck’s, an incredible steakhouse. I love it here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Gardiner B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2015

Dear Dunder36

We appreciate you taking the time to send us this feedback. Your comments have been noted and I am certain that over the coming months we will improve on being very good to being great. I would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

Lovely, clean & comfortable hotel right on the waterfront at the Mackay Marina.

The service here was fantastic and exceptional. I was travelling by myself and I was first greeted at reception by a lovely gentleman named Gardiner, who was ever so welcoming and friendly. He was helpful in answering my many questions about Mackay, with giving me directions and in helping me arrange transport to the airport.

Breakfast was included in my package. I was impressed with the selection of fresh fruit and cleanliness of the buffet and restaurant. Again the service was exceptional. The restaurant staff were friendly and efficient. Particularly Ryandra (restaurant manager) who seated me, had a fantastic smile all morning and stopped to talk to me about my trip.

Special thanks also to Kerri (restaurant kitchen) who was equally as helpful and went out of her way to ensure that I enjoyed my stay at the Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina.

Whilst the hotel is not in the Mackay city area, I would not hesitate in coming back to stay at this hotel again. The service is simply exceptional with staff members (particularly those mentioned above) willing to go out of their way, beyond what would ordinarily be expected, to ensure that your needs are met and your stay is enjoyable.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Marcelle

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that we were able to make your unexpected stay a memorable one, and that you gave us the opportunity to show that we will always try our best to ensure a comfortable stay. Thank you for the great comments, I have passed these along to those mentioned and I hope that we will be welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

First time. Hotel in great location.

The service is so good. Nothing a problem.

Room beautiful and the cleanest I have stayed in.

Room beautifully serviced after one night. So enjoyable to come back too after a long day

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Rodney G

Thank you for this great review. I am glad that your stay with us was a good one and I hope to welcome you back soon.