See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Turned up and asked for a price which was $25 more than on the internet for a night. Said I’ll book online as there was still rooms available and was told they weren’t available. Said don’t worry I’ll go down the road and told they can drop it $10 for me.
Booked down the road which was cheaper and nicer. Looking online there is still rooms available now. After reading some other reviews it seems I’m not Robinson cruso here.

Room tip: Book online before you get there !!
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed once again at Reef Resort Mackay this weekend. Rooms were clean and we believed good value for the room price including a continental breakfast. We are certain to stay there again next time we visit Mackay. Check in was very quick. Staff were friendly and very obliging. The Reef Resort is also very accessible to an excellent eateries.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I arrived at this motel with $77 rooms advertised on the
front illuminated signage. When I enquired I was told they weren't available and only small, next up was $99. I was tired and it was dark so I took the bait. The room was clean and tidy, undercover off street parking and generous sized room. There was a punch hole in the bathroom door, that had been there for a while by the look of it. Bed was OK and the shower just so. The hot water was only warm so no cold required. Will I saty there again - no way - dissappointing to say the least for $99 per night

Room tip: Don't bother - rip off at $99
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2016

never would i stay here again what a dirty discusting place no soap provided carpet smeled bed saged noise from highway it is just a place for mine workers walked into resepition smelt of cigeret smoke

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy D
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the reef resort motel in Mackay a few times now!Jill the manager is a lovely Lady! So welcoming, nothing is to much trouble! The motel is in a great location! Straight over the road from the shamrock hotel on nebo road! If you are heading to Airlie Beach or further Nrth, do yourself a favour and drop in for a night or 2 and say hello to Jill and her friendly staff. They really can't do enough for you! Wiil come back for sure!

Date of stay: February 2016