All reviews bacon and eggs free breakfast stayed here country hospitality prices are great man size cooked breakfast clean rooms crumbed steak one night budget price place to stay tea coffee bruce highway across the road under cover friendly hosts
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I always stay at the Mackay Rose Motel simply due to the awesome value for money. The motel provides a great rate, a accecptionaly clean room, friendly staff and a FREE hot breakfast. They also provide dinners at night from the restaurant, which are also priced really well and is always a very homely, yummy meal! Lynda and John go out of there way to deliver the meal to my room when I’m busy working away. I highly recommend this motel to anyone coming to Mackay for pleasure or business.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Charged $42 extra for ‘dog friendly’ room ($130). Rooms advertised as $88 for queen bed and hot breakfast. The impression is pets are not welcome.
No dog bowl or outside lawn for dog. I queried the price at reception even before seeing the room, but the owners were away. Why so much more for an older room next to laundry with wooden louvres? Not sound proofed; unwatchable tv reception, shower floods floor and advertised restaurant closed for dinner. No side bed lamp. Broken chair. Overpowering smell of sickly deodoriser. One spoon, no extra cutlery or bowls in room for takeaway food. No senior discount. Very disappointed as I booked in good faith knowing from experience most pet friendly motels are also very comfortable for their travelling owners. This was the most unpleasant motel room during our Queensland road trip. I would have expected a reduction in price if I could have spoken directly to the owners. Look before you book.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 861jules
LyndaJohn M, Owner at Mackay Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

how rude and ungrateful are you. we aren't pet friendly! we let you in as a favour as someone told you to come here - your dog was dirty and left droppings everywhere. you already knew the price when you came - so if it was too much for you go and get a tent. seniors discount - yes the room is $88 with NO DOG in the room. how much did you want the room for $50??? then to think that there's no cleaning fee to have a dog in the room. then I'm supposed to supply dog bowls etc - if your a good pet owner you'd have all this! the room is super clean and its a great rate including the breakfast - go take your dog to another motel and see what they do. you have just wrecked it for every other pet owner that wants to bring a dog here. disgusted in this review from you. you think you can tear us to pieces because you felt ripped off - we shouldn't have let you in. the one time we go away on a Sunday and you criticise us for not having our restaurant open. there's a pub and food directly across the road. we run a fantastic motel with great rooms - people like you are not welcome here.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The rooms are a reasonable size clean and comfortable. They offer a full basic cooked breakfast and continental range. Good wifi. This motel would be one of the best so don't drive past, its worth a stop. The Tv are small but modern. You better book, I did and when I arrived it was full, now I know why It great value and a decent stay. Thanks to trip advisor for helping me find this gem.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LyndaJohn M, Owner at Mackay Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

thanks for a great review. appreciate that. see you again
thanks Lynda mifsud owner/manager mackay rose motel

Reviewed 25 August 2018

It was our first stay with John and Lynda. The room was clean and comfortable. Great value for money. The homely cooked meals from the restaurant ensured that you didn't go away hungry. This couple work hard to deliver old fashioned hospitality. As we are country people, we really appreciated that. Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovingretirement777
LyndaJohn M, Owner at Mackay Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

that's for the lovely review. appreciate it so much. we do work hard to make everyone feel welcome - its what we do. thanks again Lynda mifsud mackay rose motel

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Awesome value for money .
Clean rooms . Great free wifi .
Great cooked and continental breakfast included.
Lovely country hospitality from managers .
Meals available at night at good prices .
Will return when next in town .
Thankyou

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsHoliday65
LyndaJohn M, Owner at Mackay Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

thank you for the great review - we are family owned and operated so makes the difference.