Sunshine Beach Resort
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
USD 244*
USD 187*
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
USD 80*
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
USD 151*
USD 135*
  • Beachfront
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
USD 121*
USD 97*
  • Restaurant
USD 175*
USD 90*
Official Hotel
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
USD 141*
USD 121*
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Peppers Broadbeach(Broadbeach)(Great Value!)
USD 225*
USD 196*
Agoda.com
Mantra Twin Towns(Coolangatta)(Great Value!)
USD 135*
USD 114*
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
USD 178*
USD 172*
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 185*
USD 134*
All reviewsplates and cutleryminute drivelate checkwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staydeadlockcolesburleighbbq
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We arrived at 8.30am (after agreeing that we could check in early) and were welcomed by Manager, Donna who checked us in and we went to our room, number 28 which we were instantly very pleased with. We had originally booked to stay here for 2 weeks and we were so happy with the service and the location that we stayed for 3! There is a bus stop just outside, about 20 mins to Surfers Parsdise, 10 mins to Pacific Fair and regular express buses to the theme parks. Coles supermarket is a 5 minute walk up the road.
The motel staff were extremely helpful when we had any queries regarding the local area and we booked our theme park tickets from the front desk - easy!
If I had one criticism it would be that plates and cutlery aren't provided, even though the room has a microwave to prepare food. But this was resolved with a trip to Coles where we purchased a picnic set.
Overall we had a lovely time here and if we are in the area again we look forward to staying with you :-)
Many thanks, Sarah and David

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank sarahlikesholidays
Reviewed 7 January 2012

we stayed here in December of 2011 !!.. there were 3 adults and 2 children. I live in sydney and booked for 7 days under the assurance from the management that the room was semi self contained and was clean and big enough to house us all,... so we arrive and were greeted in an abrupt manner and sent off to our room.. Imagine my shock when i see the oldest furniture in the history of hotels, the floor was sticky and our thongs were getting stuck when we walked.. but that i could handle... we went to bed that night, and thank goodness it was hot because the blankets on the end of the bed were stained and i wasnt going to use them, my kids complained of springs poking them in the back and our matress was as hard as a rock !! the aircon (that looked older then me) was broken down and due to the fact that it was Christmas, no one was available to fix it. the fridge was ok and there was a microwave, kettle and a few utensils (not enough for 5 people).. i was told upon booking that all linen and towels were supplied, so i was dissapointed to find that we were given 4 bath towels (remember there are 5 of us staying) and when i asked for extra towels the ever so friendly (NOT) management told me that it would cost an extra $5.50.. the room was not cleaned the whole time we were there, even though we asked for clean sheets to be put on the bed, i asked what i assume to be the cleaning staff if we could have a broom and was told that they would leave the vaccum cleaner outside my door so that i could clean it myself !!! so the whole week worths of sand that was all over the floor finally got cleaned from myself !!..the toilet kept getting blocked, we suppied our own toilet paper and there were no screens what so ever on the windows.. being Christmas we were having a few drinks down by the pool and although the sign does say "no glassware", we were asked to keep our drinks to a minimum !! HOW RUDE !!, not once had we made any noise to warrant such a comment !! after that we decided to do as we pleased as we were leaving the next morning anyway !!.. we would never return and i hope to save at least one person the dissapointment that we went through.. after reading all the other reviews i have come to the conclusion that those people commenting on the lovely management must be friends with them, because the reality is, she was rude and unwelcoming..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Chrissi W
Reviewed 16 November 2011

On arrival at the sunshine beach resort, we went to the reception to get our keys. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children and therefore booked a family room. It was only for one night so wasnt expecting alot as it was the last night of our holidays and chose the motel for its location. WELL where do I start !! The room was smelly and dirty. The bathroom fly mesh was all torn off and there was a 2 inch gap down the side of the window. The bathroom mirror was filthy, in the bedroom the curtains were hanging off and all the bedroom furniture was chipped and dirty. In the kitchen the curtains again were hanging off and the table had a big chip on it, the fridge was rusty and the whole apartment was very very shabby. This is the first time i have felt the need to complain so i went back down to the reception to report this. When i told donna who is the manager, she just said well what do you want me to do about it !! I asked her to come and look at the room but she refused and said she was sick in whingers and that the owners wouldn't spend any money on the accommodation. I asked her several times to come with me to the room but she kept refusing saying do we want a refund but then i said where would we stay and she said,, not my problem !! I Would not recommend this dump and the owner donna does not give a hoot !!!!!!!!!!!! Such a shame to end our fabulous holiday in queensland at this hotel.

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Debbie t
GCHoliday, Manager at Sunshine Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

This is total exageration of a conversation that was had between this guest and myself. I explained to this guest that we are 3 1/2 star and the owners have just refurbished the property and do not want to spend more money as we will have to raise prices. She was unhappy with the room as the screen in the bathroom had a tear in it, the screen being only the top part of the window - the guest was scared she was going to have cockroaches flying through the gap, on the second floor.

The curtains admittedly had come off in places and I fixed those immediately and the chip is a small chip on the side of the dining table. Another family stayed in the room that evening and were very happy.

As for refusing to look, the guest wanted me to go right away and I was checking in another guest at the time. I gave this guest the key to several rooms and let her choose a room to her standard and even gave a DVD player complimentary for her children so they could enjoy their drinks in peace.

I am dissappointed in the guest review and do not understand why it was posted.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

A friend and I stayed here twice for different family events. It is so nice and refreshing to meet such a lovely and positive person. Donna the Manager was so helpful and accommodating to our requests and silly enquiries. The rooms are kept neat and clean and the environment was very friendly and relaxed. My boss recommended the motel and I am so glad she did - we will be staying here again and telling our friends and family. Great price for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: the balcony rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2011

There was chewing gum left on the bedside table, the bed was hard, the room didn't look anything like the picture on the net, bathroom door wouldn't close, staff were friendly but not very professinal, we were woken up extremeley early by a class of asian kids screaming at each other in the corridors it would have been nice of the hotel owners placed them near empty rooms or atleast told them to be quiets as there are other guests. I guess this is what you can expect when you pay less than $95 a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
GCHoliday, Manager at Sunshine Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Jess,
We get Chinese tour groups twice a year in their vacation time.
You were advised that there was a Chinese tour group here when you walked in and enquired re a room - the staff tried to place you away from the group but as they had all but 3 rooms booked it was a bit hard. I am sorry you found us not to be professional but we have many compliments on our motel and our staff that are not on review sites saying otherwise.
It was rather hectic around here when you stayed - 83 children would make anyone seem a liitle off.
Apologies for chewing gum left on bedside table - again, you did bring this to my attention and the cleaners have been repremanded.

You did speak with the Manager on vacating so I do not understand why you would need to complain on the net - review sites are very biased and damaging to businesses.