All reviews sports club buffet dinner rooms are large privilege room choice of restaurants poker machines the general manager room service dining options undercover parking coffee machine great idea great room heron island a great stay queen bed road trip
Reviewed 2 September 2017

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Craig C, Guest Service Agent at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Have stayed there on numerous occasions and always had excellent service from the professional friendly staff.
Excellent meals in the sport club and great coffee in the lounge area.
Will be back again and again!!!

Stayed: August 2017
Craig C, Guest Service Agent at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thanks robf12017 for your awesome review and repeat business,

We have a great team and it is always uplifting to hear that we have been able to make your stay enjoyable.

We will see you soon!

Kind Regards

Meghan Darby

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Having booked the hotel, we didn't actually stay here. We drove into the car park - took one look at a hotel which describes itself as 4 star but is actually part of a Sports venue & decided that we could not bring ourselves to stay even one night. Fortunately we were able to get an extra night's accommodation in our next location. With the Mercure name I had expected something better.

Room Tip: Situated in very run down out of the way area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Craig C, General Manager at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hello Margaret S
Disappointing to hear that you did not stay with us and did not set foot within the property. I am not sure what experiences you have had in the past with Sports Clubs but the Yaralla Sports Club is a very well known and reputable Club. The Accor group does not take partnerships lightly, with strict conditions required to ensure standards are met. We certainly fit into this category and currently hold a four and a half star rating as well as receiving the Best in Business awards for the Gladstone region within the Accommodation and Resort category for 2016.
If in the area again I am more than happy to show you around where I am sure once you have seen the property your view of the property would change.
Looking forward to your return to the region.
Regards
Craig Conley

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for an event , which was well done by the organizers and the Yarralla sports club that the hotel is attached too.

Like I said there is a sports club that the hotel is attached to, this sports club provides meals and if your into it poker machines , as well as bars etc

Car parking there is a limited amount of undercover car parking ,I would expect enough for the hotels requirements.

Check in was not terribly quick but I think the volume of guests due to the conference may have caused the delay and the wait. I couldn't access my room until 2:30 pm . A novel touch is that my electronic room key/ card had my name printed on it , for all the traveling I have done I have never seen that before .

Cafe / restaurant had a buffet for lunch ,a good amount of different food , the staff are friendly and good at their job ,congratulations to them ,a little humor attached to my visit , made it more enjoyable for me

Room was very comfortable, it was quite large , I could have run a ballroom dance on the side , seriously the room was quiet and dark for sleeping and the bed was a large king I think, but anyway very comfortable , there is a small computer/ writing desk good for business travel , I am noticing that more and more hotel s are having USB charging points in rooms and around the hotel , this does not so bring your own equipment

WIFY there is good wifi around the whole hotel and the immediately area of the club etc ,good strong Free wifi in my room

The room was clean and everything worked as expected

Check out was quick efficient and friendly

Well done ✅

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Craig C, Guest Service Agent at Mercure Gladstone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear johnsy123aus,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and glad to read you enjoyed the hotel and made the most of the Sports Club which is attached to Mercure.

I do apologise your check in was delayed however am pleased to read the customer service was outstanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Gladstone.

Kind Regards

Meghan Darby

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel twice in the last two weeks. The first visit I was given a Signature room on the 2nd Floor. The room was facing the lobby. The rooms are great, spacious, clean and large bathrooms (with awesome huge towels!) and good amenities. However, I found that the minimal amount of chit chat or noise from the lobby echoed and travelled straight to my room! This was at midnight! I informed the front desk but I think the nose was nothing when standing downstairs. So I was a bit disappointed.
My second visit earlier this week went a lot better. Same floor but on the other side of the building. Rooms the same and great but no free bottled water:( Either way I mentioned the noise to the reception at check out and she said they've had these issues but that's just the way the lobby was designed and acoustics work.
On to the food: breakfast...box standard buffet, nothing special. I had dinner twice at Pacinos and both times was great. One night was fish of the day second night a plain pizza. Both yum. The staff were friendly and very attractive!
You can also use the sports club gym which is free and enormous!
So...bottom line....I will return and will recommend. Thanks to all the ladies and staff at the Mercure!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business