See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

If you want a cheap clean no fuss room for the night that over looks the beach, this is the motel for you.
Don't expect to much, its very dated but if you need a place to lay your head after a big night this place is for you, just bring some hearing protection to block out the noise.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Wow you look over Coolangatta beach, right in the thick of things...that is the only plus.
This is perfect if you have a big night out and want a place cheap to crash. However we were travelling with 2 kids. You get what you pay for here... dirty floors, smelly room, dirty windows, hair and dust in the bathroom...really needs a good clean. I don't mind the budget furniture...but I expect the place to be spotless. The whole place is retro, which is really charming, but needs alot of care and upgrade, rust everywhere, just needs a makeover, I felt that the whole place was going to collapse, very rickety. Our room was above a bar which had live music, perfect if you were downstairs, but like I said we travelled with kids, so the bass pumping until 11pm was loud...and then there's the party goers urinating outside, fighting, sitting on our car..this was off and on until 2am when the town went quiet. The rooftop feels like you could fall through it and I question the safety and stability of it, all the outdoor furniture is rusted and falling apart. We couldn't wait to get out of here and left soon after sunrise. You also walk past smokers on the balcony to get to your room. We are non smokers and the smell was right through our room. Thank god we only stayed 1 night. We paid $210.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Great location however that's about where it ends. Very noisy with Eddies grub house in the complex & their coolroom was outside our bathroom window, so we heard every conversation the staff had out there all night long. We also heard all the music & noise from the bar itself, along with the noise from every other room around us as the walls appear paper thin. The room was not serviced daily as expected for a motel in our two day stay, room floors were dirty & doors on cupboards didn't shut. The bed also moved around the room as it was on wheels on a tiled floor.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janette W
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Absolutely perfect for what I needed. I never met the staff but spoke on the phone with a lovely young girl who gave me ideas for things to do after dinner. My room was great (18). An older motel but worth the small fee.
Had to turn air con on at the unit, fridge on a lean, toilet door didn't close properly, but hey, I was by myself!!! Loved it and would stay again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nicthechick5
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

What a rare treat. On the seafront. Stunning views. Rooftop yoga to salute the sun yes! Families and kids feeling right at home. A classic piece of Gold Coast beachside heritage architecture.
Relaxed n easy going - the lively, happy and welcoming people that run this place made us feel welcome and unencumbered by rules or cares
Food at your door or all around. Beach over the road. We had rooftop barbies while looking at the Surfers lights twinkling.
We had an extra body and they found us a mattress. No sweat!
The whole experience was a pleasure.
I can't give it 5 stars really coz of the age of the place or whatever. But I will. I'll be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family