“Awesome lesson and instructor”

Walkin' On Water Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Walkin' On Water Surf School is the Gold Coast’s Premier Surf School. We are located at Greenmount Beach in Coolangatta and use the beautiful beaches of Rainbow Bay, Greenmount and Coolangatta, which are ideal beaches for all levels of surf lesson. We offer group and private lessons for all ages and abilities having taught people from 4 years old to those in their 80’s. We are blessed with an amazing location for beginners and early intermediates especially having protected rolling waves, perfect for getting the basics and learning in gentle forgiving waves. It is renowned as the ideal learn to surf location on the Coast. For those with greater experience and skills also have fantastic wave opportunities to work on all levels of skills.Combined with our comprehensive lesson plans, all our Surf Instructors are professional fully qualified Surfing Australia surf instructors that are handpicked for their skills, knowledge and experience and importantly are able to successfully pass on this knowledge and information to our surf participants in a extremely fun, friendly and non threatening environment. All our Instructors also hold a number of lifesaving/lifeguard and first aid qualifications to ensure as safe an environment as possible. Walkin' On Water Surf School is the areas ONLY fully licensed and registered Surf School by the state, national and international Governing Bodies of Surfing – Surfing Queensland, Surfing Australia and the International Surfing Association.
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I had a surfing lesson with Adam at Greenmount beach and it was an awesome morning. The gear supplied in the lesson was easy to use and Dan was a fantastic instructor who really wanted to see me learn and catch some wavesHighly recommended

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you very much for your review aarondalydavies. We are really happy to read you enjoyed your surf lesson with us so much and had such a great time. We really appreciate your time in writing this feedback and would love to see you surfing again with us in the future.

All reviews
"surf"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Hi Guys,
As a 50 year old lady and a bit of a adrenaline junky, I signed up for the beginners surf class last Saturday July 21st.How lucky was I to have Dan as my instructor and partner in crime!
From the start of the lesson he made you feel welcome and comfortable and nothing at all was too much trouble or stressful!I had the most amazing,enpowering,challenging and fulfilling experience and yes finally stood up and caught quite a few waves.Dan was so encouraging,patient and had a fantastic and positive personality that made the lesson even more fun!
Even though I found out that night I had torn my medial meniscus in my left knee due to one of my maneourves, I wouldn’t change a thing and will be back next holidays for another lesson and will continue to surf when possible.Thanks Dan for an amazing lesson.

Leesa

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank leesaf23
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank you so much Leesa for such an amazing review. We are so super stoked to read how much fun you had and how much you enjoyed it. This is why we do what we do - to share the feeling of empowerment, thrill and challenge of surfing. We are so very happy that you got so much out of the lesson. We wish you a fast recovery and can’t wait to see you back again next time to keep you surfing and improving!! Thank you again very much for such a fantastic review and rating on TripAdvisor for us. We really appreciate it and look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Well not quite pro but definitely an enthusiast. Dan corrected my technique to stand up which significantly raised my ability to get up which caused me to never want to leave the water. Dan was personable and created a fun and safe environment. It was so good that I have booked in my niece and I for another lesson when she comes up from Melbourne and I intend to get a lesson every month or so to learn something new or correct something that needs tweaking. Dan, I owe you big time!

Date of experience: June 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and rating DeeMye. We really appreciate it. We are stoked to hear you enjoyed your lesson so much with us, got so much out of it and improved so much in just one session. It’s excellent that you are booked in for more so that we can continue to help you progress and improve and develop your surfing so you can reach your potential as a surfer! Dan is an amazing instructor and as one of the best in Australia he will be able to continue to work on tweaking your technique and improve your performances. We look forward to having you back with your niece and then hopefully monthly after that to keep you firing!! Thank you again for your TripAdvisor Review, we are very appreciative

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I only originally went for one lesson, but it was so good, I booked another. My instructor Dan was a dead set legend. He had me catching waves on my first lesson. He was super friendly and approachable with a nack for teaching ,explaining things, answering questions and I feel went above and beyond with help and advice. It’s because of this I can’t recommend Walkin’ on Water surf school enough. In my opinion it represents the pinnacle of a quality surf school

Date of experience: May 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you very much for such a fantastic TripAdvisor Review Eden B. We really appreciate it thank you. We are super stoked to read that you loved it so much and got so much enjoyment and benefit from doing your lessons with us, we really love to hear this thank you and love that we have given you the surfing bug as well!! We really appreciate your amazing words and recognition of our service. Thank you again for your feedback and we would love to see you back in the water at Greenmount again some time.