Open today: 6:30 am - 7:30 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent private lesson with Dan

Had a 1.5 hrs private lesson with Dan today and it was a 5 star experience. Dan was friendly... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
RaymondW1098
via mobile
Surf’s up

After a minor hiccup with our booking we had a great time learning to surf and Dan & Noah made us... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
Road21609470225
Christchurch, New Zealand

All reviews instructor dan these guys great lesson private lesson fantastic instructor awesome experience riding waves group lesson great fun perfect location a lot of fun bucket list greenmount beach gold coast beginners encouraging surf
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Did a surfing session together with my 6 year old son and these guys and it was awesome. I was half expecting to ditch my board half way through so my son would get some attention but they had it covered. Both my son and I had a great time. Totally recommend. Thanks Guys.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor Review nigcoop. We are really happy to read that you were so satisfied and happy with our service and loved your surf lesson with your son. We are stoked you both got a lot out of it and both had a great time. We really appreciate your feedback and would love to see you both back surfing with us if you are ever back on the Coast and looking to surf!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My children had a wonderful week long surf grom experience with Dan, as part of the holiday intensive program. From the helpful advice to the ever smiling face that greeted them, they love their time with Walkin' on Water and can't wait to come back.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you so much for your Review candkdenyeroz. We are stoked that your Groms had such a great time in their Program with us last week and loved their sessions with Dan. We really appreciate your words and feedback. We love that they are looking forward to coming back and we can't wait to see them back surfing with us again as well!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first time surfing after a lackluster lesson some 10 years ago and I loved it! Greenmount Beach was the perfect location: plenty of good beginner-size waves in shallow water. I had a private lesson with Dan who was friendly, professional, made me feel at ease about surfing after telling him I was a bit nervous, and got me standing up on my board super quickly. I’m just passing through Gold Coast while on my travels, but if I came back here I would 100% do a longer surf camp with Walkin on Water. Thank you Dan and the team!

Date of experience: April 2018
WalkinOnWaterSurf, Owner at Walkin' On Water Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you very much Carmen E for such a fantastic review and feedback. We really appreciate this thank you and really appreciated your email as well. We were stoked to read that after one lesson with us when you chimed into a second lesson down the Coast a little bit you were out surfing others who had had 3, 4 and 5 days of full day surf camps! We love what we do and love making everyone feel as comfortable and safe in the ocean as possible and get them surfing and progressing as quickly as we can. Thank you again for your TripAdvisor Review, we wish you safe travels and love to see you back on the Gold Coast and surfing with us again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had booked for my 9-year old girl for 2 hours lessons. On the day we went to the wrong location due to my carelessness and missed the time. Jamo is so nice to resend me the address by mail and message as well that we could try the lesson the next day. They are so professional and kind. It was really great experiencs to surf with Dan.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for your review JadeHu. We really appreciate your feedback but are sad we couldn’t get the 5 star rating. We are really happy to read that you were so impressed with our surf school, customer service and surf lesson. It is hard when you are in a new foreign area so of course we can understand how easy it is to make a mistake with locations especially when there are the same street names in different locations. We were very happy to have been able to reschedule your son into the lesson the next day and are super happy to read that Sunnie enjoyed it so much. We would love to see you again if ever you are back on the Gold Coast

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Thanks Dan for giving Caitlin an awesome learn to surf experience! Dan is a great instructor who provides a fantastic and fun experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much Gabby Arthur A for your fantastic review and feedback. We really appreciate it thank you. We are stoked that Caitlin had such a great time and would love to see you back again and have Caitlin surfing with us once more.