“Lunch from hell”

Baskk at Kirra Point
Ranked #24 of 174 Restaurants in Coolangatta
Description: Don't leave Coolangatta until you have tried Bassk offering a Progressive Australian Menu designed to share. Baskk has fast become a social destination, embracing the home-grown surfing culture and offering a casual but sophisticated dining space and outdoor setting with idyllic ocean views, beachfront. The latest venture by renowned locals by the Archdeacon family owners of the ever popular Dbar Café, Baskk offers an exceptionally crafted menu. The woodfire oven and state of the art kitchen impart elements of fresh, local produce throughout the tastefully inspired dishes. Offering our new June 2018 Winter Menu with a passion for local fare with a creative twist by Chef Hamish Wilson. A carefully selected wine, cocktail, gin and whisky bar has been created by the ever talented sommelier Andrew Crabtree, along with owner and operator Briellen Archdeacon. With seating for 150 patrons 7 nights a week and long Lunches every Fri Sat and Sun we invite you to book now online at Baskk.co
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Although our waitress was friendly and very lovely, the chef should be ashamed of himself... the restaurant was not busy, my friend and I being 2 of 6 entire customers in the whole place....

I ordered garlic herb potatoes with green beans... I got a few overcooked potatoes and some slithers of ash.....

Cheese board came out without half the ingredients in it which they then brought out in a separate plate and scraped in a heap into original board.... our pizza they forgot the salami added on top then took it away and two seconds later gave it back with dubious heated salami.... wins was good but for the price this menu and chef should be ashamed.

6  Thank Rachel B
737Donna, Owner at Baskk at Kirra Point, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

hi Rachel we are really shocked to read your review. We work really hard to provide a five star restaurant with 5 star reviews at all times.
There are a number of things here that don't add up and I have been going over the incident all week with my staff and they are shocked also. The word Divine was used on departure and the waitress guarantees me you were happy happy. She went out of her way to make sure you were as we apparently we forgot was the extra Salami on a Vegetarian Pizza. I am told that you did the scraping not the staff as you have stated. We don't have beans on the menu and the potatoes are with Fried Leek...Is it possible that it wasn't a lunch from Hell and is if there is anything we can offer you to reconsider this harsh review? If so would be happy to offer it.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Great food and service, nice chilled atmosphere for a few lazy drinks and a bit of street food. Definitely will be back for more

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Great restaurant in a fab location. Service 9 out of 10 for attentiveness but 10/10 for getting food to the table quickly.
Food is delicious, however the share plates are really not enough to actually share, considering the price you pay for each dish. We ordered the snapper for $32 and between 4 people, we were lucky to get 2 bites each. We ordered 3 other share plates and 2 sides and we were left still feeling hungry. Not what I would have expected considering what we spent.
I am one to give a second chance, so came back a few nights later and ordered the pizza, really enjoyed it.
I'd recommend that if you're hungry, don't order the share plates and go for a pizza.
All food extremely tasty. Cocktails, wine and beer are also fantastic.
Would definitely recommend for a get together with the girls/guys.
Location is amazing for an arvo session into the evening. Decor is totally ON POINT and they have heaters for the chilly winter eve's!!

1  Thank jackikenney68
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Great spot for a quiet little beer before dinner, with dinner or after dinner. Nice and relaxing and great music.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I had dinner here, it was busy and I had no reservation but I got a table quickly. We ordered a couple of share meals, sticky pork and charred octopus they were both good. I’m not a massive seafood fan and the menu is more seafoody than anything. The lemon curd tart for dessert was awesome I could eat that everyday. Service was extremely fast, we got one plate about a minute after ordering. Prices were at the higher end of reasonable. The decor/seating array was very good, just had a good friendly high energy vibe.