“GREAT THAI FOOD.”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Well what a surprise this place is. Being in a city I expected inflated prices and average sized meals, WRONG. Food was excellent, price was reasonable and the service very good. The Thai Fish Cakes were to die for, I could just have a couple of servings of them. The restaurant was very busy the night we were there as a group of 10, and whilst the staff apologised in advance because our meals may not all come out together the time was no problem. Only negative I could find would be the staff don't come back to the table often enough to ask patrons for further drinks and my sister in law booked traditional seating, so someone like me with a sore back found it a bit uncomfortable. Overall a wonderful experience and will return. (sitting on a chair).

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Whilst travelling in the Illawarra region I was searching for a place for dinner and Jasmine Rice was close to the Sage Hotel where I was staying. This restaurant is very well presented with a good atmosphere and piped music that is not too loud. I ordered the Thai Fish cakes which were some of the best that I have eaten anywhere. For my main and I ordered the duck salad which was also enjoyable and very flavoursome. The staff are very polite and attentive the whole experience was very good.

Mark
Sydney Australia

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Firstly I have to say the food is fabulous. 5 of us had a variety of dishes and their version of lemon chicken and the beef salad is very tasty. Prices are a bit higher than you’d typically expect in a Thai restaurant and the wait staff all dress in traditional and colourful outfits. The only down side was the service where we waited some time before being served, even though the restaurant was only about a quarter full for a Saturday lunch. 2 dishes were missed and we had to alert a waiter to have them finally served. These were minor issues compared to the quality of the food and we’d certainly head back when next in Wollongong.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Jasmine rice has a good reputation within wollongong which should definitely continue.

My recent visit had a few requests within the meals selected to which the host and chefs made it happen.

Food is full of flavour, beautiful decoy throughout the establishment and great service. Parking and noise are of concern.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Went for lunch today, well decorated place, nice food, excellent service. Have been to many thai restaurant in Sydney. Surely this is the best. We will go back.

Date of visit: August 2018