“Food is exeptional”

The Lagoon Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 492 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2017

You don't have to go to the city for a quality restaurant at very reasonable cost. A perfect place to go to have a special occasion meal
The food is beautifully presented as well as tasty. Staff are very attentive, not too much in your face but very on the ball. I can't see how anyone could complain about this lovely restaurant! Seating is very comfortable as well We'll be back!

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,121)

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I ordered a 'flat white' and when the time came to pick it up, the lady who took my order forced me a 'latte'. I told her mine was a flat white but she refused, she then went on to tell me "there is no difference between a flat white and a latte". Huh!!, really? I could have argued but I decided to be calm (was going for a skydive next). She then called out the next order, a flat white and no one picked up the coffee, she did it a few times & then called the same order a latte and the guy waiting next to me picked it up. So, the order after mine was a latte and she mixed them up. Mix ups happen when taking orders, and its all right but what makes or breaks the experience is the service in such situations, saying that a flat white and latte is same is FOOLING your customers. There are people who know the difference.

This may be only one of those instances but is definitely a turn off. I had heard a lot of good reviews of this restaurant and had plans to have my lunch post the skydive but I did not, of course. I felt like ranking the overall rating Terrible but the 'latte' was not bad.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Booked a table for ten for a birthday. The food was excellent equal to any restaurant I have been to in the last few years. You don't have to go to the city for a quality restaurant at very reasonable cost. The staff in the main were good , I think one or two staff had just started so room for improvement there.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We've come back several times to eat here. From the moment you walk in (even without a booking), we are made to feel welcome.

Seats arranged, drinks and bread arrive rather quickly and food ordered quite soon after.

We tend to fill up on a variety of entrees (and these are generous sizes - enough for us as a main (along with bread, salad and the most beautiful chat potatoes)....well we don't need more.....ok maybe leaving room for a delicious dessert.

The food is beautifully presented as well as tasty. Staff are very attentive, not too much in your face but very on the ball. I can't see how anyone could complain about this lovely restaurant! Seating is very comfortable as well! We'll be back!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

...
ATTENTION!! MY MOTHER HAS ASKED ME TO SHARE THIS . PLEASE SHARE AROUND
Visited the Lagoon resteraunt in Woolongong last nite. What a disappointing experience!! Exceptionally bad service, waiters arguing with each other next to our table, another dropped the "F" bomb twice when he couldn't get his tablet to work while we were ordering. An understandably busy night and while the food was good the waiting time was unreasonable. Extremely noisy, not the place to go for a quiet or romantic dinner with someone special. Wasn't able to have a real conversation with people at our table due to the high noise levels. Definitely not the Lagoon it once was. Has lost all the ambiance of pleasurable dining. Wouldn't rate it one star on my experience last night. Won't be returning or recommending.