“Anniversary Dinner”

The Lagoon Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 491 Restaurants in Wollongong
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We had a wonderful dinner with the seafood platter being their specialty. It was perfect and we really enjoyed it. We then shared the Chocolate Caramel Peanut Bombe for dessert. The customer service was faultless and thanks to our waitress Jewelle and the other staff for a memorable anniversary dinner.

Date of visit: February 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Looked at the menu in advance and really looked forward to dining here. But what a letdown

Partner chose the cold seafood platter. No finger bowl, no bowl for claws and other waste and no implement to crack open the claws. In the end it didn't matter because the food was ordinary anyhow.

I had grilled fish. Again it was pretty average.

Wine was served in very small glasses , staff were slow and we left early. Disappointing all round

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant regularly for many years.
This evening we had a celebration dinner given to us from our family.......
We moved from our first table as the chair my husband was on was not stable...second table was unstable and had to have cardboard put underneath it.... people sitting across from us said they had the same problem. The premises look tired and could do with an update.
Our entrees were lovely...tempura prawns and oysters mornay.
Mains Barramundi nick was tasty and good.....but the other main Australian Lobster mornay was so small and dry..like it had been frozen and quickly cooked and at a $65.00 price tag not acceptable.
We ordered a cocktail and as they didn't have the right ingredients were given something else...so we sent this back.

Staff were friendly and tried their best but I honestly feel the whole feel of this restaurant has lost that great appeal it had in years gone by and it's way too expensive for what you get.
Don't think we will be back.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

My partner and I went there once for lunch. My partner had a $25 greek salad with 2 prawns and I had an overcooked salmon with 1 and a half potato for $40. This is what we think:

1. This place has absolutely no style and feels like an RSL (check out the carpet, the bad lighting and atmosphere)

2. The ingredients are very basic, the menu lacks any kind of creativity (e.g. greek salad with bad vinaigrette that reminds you of the pub)

3. The wine list is terrible. I could no even finish a glass of pinot gris priced $12.

4. All of this would be ok if it was priced reasonably but it is way overpriced.

Perhaps the worst value for money you will ever get. Never again

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We went for fixed menu lunch it had been a number of years since any previous visits Ok to start with the staff seemed pleasant enough and our table was in a great spot . One wine glass was filthy and table had 2 different numbers making it difficult for staff when delivering refreshments and coffees to the point we were charged twice for coffees . My starter was ocean trout and prawns and the prawns looked not to good unlike the prawns in my wife's barramundi main they where fresh and nice . My main was lovely the veal . The desert plate was good. I had a terrible couple of nights and days since and as it filled us up I didn't eat anything else that day .That evening I started feeling unwell my symptoms were severe headache cold chills followed by a day and night of not being able to control my movements . Only I had trouble and I think it has probably stopped me from returning. We celebrated an anniversary at sea cliff last year and it was great thought this would be as good anyway disappointed.