“Great Food and Elegant Surroundings”

Anchorage Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 493 Restaurants in Wollongong
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had Christmas lunch here and the food and service were excellent. Great choices for entree, main and dessert and a beautifully laid table. The cocktails and mocktails were delicious and refreshing and the view is excellent.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 25 December 2016

Two friends and I decided to be pampered this Christmas. They were staying at the adjoining Boatharbour Motel, and I trained it down from Sydney for the day. Was it worth it! A perfect view of the harbour from almost all tables; a beautiful blue day; pleasant decor, formally dressed tables separated comfortably from each other. Each table carried a display of good quality nibbles - nuts, dried and fresh fruit, Turkish delight, chocolates, and White Christmas. The appetisers came on a shared plate, with crisp bread slices, pate, smoked salmon, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, and a decorated circle of polenta. The remaining three courses were a la carte. I chose prawns for the entree, traditional Christmas main course of ham, turkey and vegetables with stuffing, and Christmas pud with custard and ice cream. There were also scallops in the entree, steak with roast veges and Yorkshire pudding in the main course (this was a little unexpected, as roast beef would have sat better.) There was more interest in the presentation of the food, with my thick ham and turkey slices sitting beautifully on a spicy jus and sliced baby veges. The prawns were also not as expected; freshly cooked and half-peeled, sitting happily on curled vege slices in a mango-laced sauce. Dessert also featured a flourless chocolate cake, and apple crumble, again presented beautifully. Thanks to the Anchorage, with its unobtrusive, helpful service. There is another dining room with no sea view but which fits quite a large group (a touring group of older people the day we were there).

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 3 December 2016

I was introduced to the Anchorage by my sister a long time ago. We've had many birthday lunches, dinners and my Dad just adores the place. Barbara, the head waitress, is superb, as are all the staff there. Great food each and every time. Don't even get me started on the magnificent view. This is the one you always keep coming back to. - without fail.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I ordered the scallops and my wife had the seafood chowder. Both were delicious and the scallops were quite large. The others all had the John Dory as fish special but I had the bbq prawns. The sauce on the prawns was tomato with chilli and it was very tasty. The view of the Wollongong harbour was beautiful.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2016

The Anchorage Restaurant was a firm favourite of a friend and colleague who had died recently. Wanting to do something in memory of this amazing woman we organised a memorial lunch. The owners specially opened the restaurant for us on a Saturday and provided a brilliant set menu. We had the choice of either 2 courses for $33 or 3 courses for $40 which included a glass of red or white wine or a soft drink. The set menu provided a choice of 3 entrees, 3 mains, 2 desserts. The food was fresh, well presented and delicious. The intimacy of the venue and views of Wollongong Harbour ensured that our friend and colleague was remembered in the restaurant that she loved to frequent. I can't speak highly enough of the Anchorage. Many thanks to the owners.

Date of visit: October 2016