See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2016

The hotel is next to Port Kembla Golf Course and we stayed there for 2 nights. The state of maintenance is bad and one of the window cannot be closed properly. The carpet is badly stained and most furniture are very old and dated. Reception is lukewarm and can be better or at least friendly. Although the things need not be new, for a 3.5 star rating the state of maintenance and removal of old stained carpet is essential for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Best to choose a modern hotel for the same price. If not, choose a room facing golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennis T
Comfort Inn Fai... W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Fairways, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and helps us create an enjoyable stay for each and every one of our guests. Should you have bought any maintenance issues to our attention during your stay, we would have done everything possible to have them addressed to make your stay more enjoyable. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future so we can provide you with a superior experience. Kind regards, Management.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Note sure where to begin!.
Rooms BADLY need maintenance, decent clean and a renovation, old tired furniture, torn curtains, dirty carpet with stains and an iron burn mark, the list goes on. Wont mention the bathroom...
We were told that there are new owners and now the restaurant is closed except for breakfast, so food is not available anymore. There is a mediocre club next door that serves basic food. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Warrens_of_Conder
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Went to the comfort inn for 1 night and the bed was horrible, had a big dip in the middle, the floors are stained and nothing looks clean except the tables and mirrors.

We took the last room available, paid $145 for 2 people. That's a good rate if you aren't fussy on cleanliness. The room smelt clean and towels, sheets etc were clean and smelt good.

They are next to the golf club. We went for dinner and were extremely happy with size and what we paid. It was the next morning.... We went to order breakfast and the lady serving/cooking was absolutely rude!!!! She did come around and got free drinks, so that was nice!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellbitscakes
Comfort Inn Fai... W, Manager at Comfort Inn Fairways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we are sorry to hear that you did not find your bed to be comfortable during your stay with us. On behalf of the team, I would like to apologize that you found the cleanliness of your room not up to standard and found the breakfast staff member who served you at the golf club to be rude. This feedback is important to us and rest assured that it will be discussed with the relevant departments. Our aim is to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for each and every one of out guests. We are happy to hear that you found the hotel to be good value and enjoyed your dinner next door at the Golf Club. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the future so we can provide you with a more enjoyable experience. Kind regards, Management.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights for a uni sports trip. Slept in an "apartment" that housed 6, 4 in one bedroom (2 bunks) and 2 in a double, very cosy and quite dated. Full kitchen but smaller lounge area than expected. Comfortable stay. Pool and bbq facilities were good, and an update on the tennis court would make a perfect outdoor experience! Would stay again, recommend more for school groups.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn Fai... W, Manager at Comfort Inn Fairways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hi Capital2800
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.
We are delighted to hear you had a positive experience with your uni group and we appreciate your suggestions,
We hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

My husband myself daughter and brother in law needed a place for the night as we had driven down from se qld early that morning. As we were going to a funeral in ulladulla ,we just needed a bed and shower for the night. Apon entering the room , this was a very very budget minded room. The carpets were badly stained there wasn't a corner of the room that didn't have grime and spiders. The bedding supplied was a single sized doona for the double bed ( that had a fresh blood stain on it) but as it was after 9pm and would have been charged $45 for after hours if I had of called reception. The top bunk had only 3 slats on it and the bottom bunk leaned so much my brother in law kept rolling off. There was rubbish under the bunk beds I found when I dropped my deoderant. The bathroom had no where to put your clothes on exempt the toilet and no where to put your soap whilst in the shower. The cups they supplied were tiny and grotty. Lucky I had our travel mugs. I brought this to the attention of the receptionist on checkout not that she cared. We arrived back in qld on Saturday morning and I noticed I had left my mirror at the hotel ,as this was the only place I used it. After 3 calls I was told that it was not there. I don't think their room attendants could find mould on blue cheese to be honest. And I say that with a sadness as I've been a room attendant for 25 years. So how does this comfort Inn rate with me , ok it's well below par we were told it's a budget room but who's budget? I stayed in tents that were better equipped and a hell of a lot cleaner. It's handicap must be in the millions. And if you look at their website they don't dare show the yukky rooms that they gave us. I would have gladly paid more for a cleaner better room, but as we literally just found this on the way on our phone thought , that looks nice. Never never never again. Comfort Inn should change their name to comfort non existence unless you pay through the nose. And when a guest calls about lost property go and have a look that day not 3 days later and regardless of finding or not call them back. Not like me who had to make 4 calls only to be told , no its not there. Your people skills reflect your business. SAD . Very disappointed and I will be letting everyone know . Like I said I work in the industry .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Anakin S
Comfort Inn Fai... W, Manager at Comfort Inn Fairways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Hi Anakin S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay.
We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay.
Our guests deserve and expect a clean room each time they stay with us and on behalf of the team I would like to apologies for the issues you experienced.
Comfort Inn Fairways takes customer experiences very seriously and had this been brought to our attention during your stay we would have upgraded you to one of our hotel rooms or apartments immediately and done anything possible to create a more positive experience for you.
I would like to confirm that our after hours support do not charge $45 for genuine call outs such as this instance. Our after hours support only charge $45 for call out instances where the guest is at fault or when a novelty call out is placed.
We apologies that this was not better explained to you upon check in and I would like to assure you this along with the housekeeping issues will be discussed with our team.
We are unable to find a booking under this name but we would like to offer you a discounted rate and an upgraded room should we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. To utilize this offer please get in touch with our reception team either via phone on (02) 42747274 or via email at manager@fairways.com.au so that we can confirm the best contact information to store in our system for this offer.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and to provide you with a superior experience.
Kind regards,