2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUSD 179
Booking.comUSD 179
CheapTicketsUSD 179
2,731 results
All reviews lobby bar across the road ocean view buffet breakfast balcony room fantastic location accor parking carl cockatoos conference refurbishment wedding cafes lighthouse australia venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2019

We stayed there for one night to view a local art exhibition and enjoy a nice night by the ocean so booked an ocean facing queen room. The room was $369 for the night so my expectations for a nice experience were relatively high. Our room was located on the 6th floor and the lifts [2 lifts for the entire hotel] did not work the whole time we were there requiring us to walk down stair wells along with other disgruntled guests for the duration of the stay [difficult with bags]. The corridor carpets were dirty and unclean, the doors are not thick enough to shield the noise of the guests outside at night. I stay in a variety of hotels on a weekly basis for business ranging from 3-5 stars and would rate the quality of this hotel around a 3 star [albeit over double the price you would pay for an average 3 star]. The room itself was okay with a decent view although the windows were dirty and the ledge outside it covered in bird poo which just added to the general grimy nature of the place. I won't be returning.

Room tip: Check if the lifts are working before requesting a room on a high floor!
Date of stay: August 2019
NovotelWollongong, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Wollongong Northbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2019

Dear Tracey C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies your stay was not to the standard it should of been. In relation to the lifts we have been experiencing technical difficulties which are in the process of being rectified.

I have communicated your feedback with higher management. If you do wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Reviewed 18 August 2019

We had a wonderful stay at this amazing property on the beachfront. We stayed in a magnificent suite with a balcony overlooking the ocean with swaying palms and the lighthouse nearby in view.

We enjoyed buffet breakfasts and lovely seafood buffet dinners. All the staff were courteous and helpful making our stay a memorable one. We will continue to return. This is one of our favourite hotels in NSW.Amazing property - relaxing stay.

Room tip: Front of building gives you 'in your face' ocean views.
3  Thank lynninsa

Dear lynninsa,

Thank you for your incredible review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our views are breath taking and it very hard to turn away from it. I am very happy you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you again for your lovely feedback.

Reviewed 17 August 2019

Few days before I check in, I already called and informed the reservation staff that I would like the room to be at the highest level as I don’t want pub noise throughout the night and she said okay. When I checked in yesterday the reception told me the level she gave me will not be disturbed by the pub noise at night BUT guess what?! Me and my friend couldn’t sleep the whole night because of the pub and also around 4/5am there was noise coming from loading dock. The worst experience ever and we basically didn’t sleep at all! We put our salmon salad the night before and this morning when we were about to eat them, they were frozen! Maybe it’s time to change the fridge and renovate the whole building! Aircon was noisy too!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Carynlme,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies your stay was not to the standard it should of been. I have communicated your comments onto higher management.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and speak to one of our Assistant Managers.

Reviewed 16 August 2019

An excellent hotel in perfect position across the road from the beach. Great views and friendly staff. Good value restaurant with great seafood buffet.. Clean and comfortable rooms. We were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a beachfront room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear barryjmason,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is fantastic to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We are situated in an amazing location which offers exceptional views. Our staff certainly do try their best when it comes to customer service. They ensure all feel welcome. I love hearing you had the opportunity to be upgraded especially to our beach front suits. They are really are amazing.

Once again, Thank you for your kind words and we do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

Great hotel in Wollongong. We stayed here for a weekend away and had an amazing time.
Staff treated us well, view was beautiful,food and drinks were good And the rooms were lavish

We cannot wait to stay here again

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Billyaus42,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. I am so pleased to be reading this. Its fantastic you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you stay with us again.