“Counter lady gave attitude”

Caravilla Motor Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We liked staying here and it suited our purpose. However, on multiple occasions without provocation, the lady in administration gave us attitude and sarcasm.
Overall the place was good and clean and the internet was well used.

Room Tip: Not 6 or 7. No parking outside room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I was travelling down the coast with work. I checked in mid afternoon after a long day of working/ driving. The owner was lovely and very accommodating. However that's where the great hospitality ended.

My room was located 3m from the main road and the air conditioning unit was right outside my room. It turned in at 11pm and chugged noisily for the rest of the evening. The room was small and basic - a typical motor inn. all the facilities and amenities seemed to be in the lash century. The taps dripped constantly, the room smelt musky and the fridge no longer cooled past room temperature. There was also no dooner covers on the beds. The complimentary Internet was hard to connect to and buffered/ loaded at a rate that would take me into next century. I had a mountain of work to get done but instead ended up pulling out my hair in frustration.

If I was paying myself I would have demanded a refund however worked paid and I just had to shut up and put up with a night of no sleep and frustration.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Very friendly service from management with good country cooking in the restaurant and comfortable clean rooms. It is close to town and easily located on arrival. A very pleasant travelling experience!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had planned to spend the week-end at the motel with someone residing at St Paul's Age Care in Cundletown. Since the bus didn't operate on the week-end, the motel manager took us there.
Also, she cooked breakfast and dinner for all three of us since the restaurant was closed, I'm not sure why.
She was always very punctual.
Hot showers were available whenever we needed to shower.
She even offered to take us to Taree Station when we checked out.
Overall a great week-end.
Thank-you.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 6 & 7. Both rooms got some sun in the morning. All rooms were on the ground flo...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirley A
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Whilst travelling home we had to make an emergency booking due a accident on the motorway. I rang at 10pm and I was able to book straight in. Nice price as well.
The service was excellent at the front counter.
The room was nice and spacious and very tidy.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig T
Travellers also viewed these Taree hotels
0.6 km away
0.1 km away
Midlands Motel
Midlands Motel
#2 of 15 in Taree

Been to Caravilla Motor Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Caravilla Motor Inn

Address: 33 Victoria St | Pacific Hwy, Taree, New South Wales 2430, Australia (Formerly Best Western)
Region: Australia > New South Wales > Taree
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Taree
Price Range: $94 - $134 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Caravilla Motor Inn 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Caravilla Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Caravilla Motor Inn Taree