Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great gallery.

This is a wonderful local gallery with an attached dining room where you can get coffee and cake... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
foodie2430
Sydney, Australia
via mobile
Fabulous Local Talent

This is such a fabulous place to view, buy and even learn the great talent that we have in the... read more

Reviewed 4 March 2018
Margie G
Harrington, Australia

All reviews high quality fabulous place coffee gallery ceramics
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We live within 10 kms of Artisans Retreat Gallery (aka Artisans On The Hill) and we delight in taking all of our visitors there when they come to visit us. Peter and Christine are absolutely delightful and beautiful people. They have a passion in what they do and it shows in the craftsmanship in their gallery displays from themselves and those who they buy from.
They also conduct workshops at a very reasonable price where you can learn these fine craft skills from the experts.
Oh, and they make a damn mean cuppa too ... and the food is delightful!!!!!
I totally recommend Artisans to everyone who either live in or are visiting the Manning Valley.

Date of experience: January 2013
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Luckily to find this place, where we happen to meet Peter and Christine at their very warm welcoming home. Both were so friendly and made us so comfortable there, we happen to learn so much from the demo of what workshops they run. Personally we felt so attached to the people and place, having a wonderful view and air had positive vibes. Their gallery was amazing with such unique antiques that blew us and made us eager to learn from workshops.

A nice place to stay and relax !

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Peter & Christine are extremely friendly & passionate about their crafts and the accommodation is lovely. I really enjoyed our time there & am looking forward to a return visit and to booking in a work shop

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We had an opportunity to visit Peter and Christine at Artisans on the Hill for a couple of nights. We were greeted on arrival and made to feel special throughout our visit. The assigned room was comfortably large and we had the shared ensuite to ourselves, allowing us to relax and thoroughly enjoy the experience. We were welcomed into the common living room and spent a lot of time talking and drinking coffee with our hosts.

I have done some woodturning and took the opportunity to draw on Peter's turning experience to sharpen and broaden my own skills. He provided patient guidance and many tips on how to create something that is useful and artistic, from a lump of wood lying in the yard. Again, a relaxing and convivial experience.

Friendly hosts, a tastefully constructed gallery of craft products, a wide range of "hands-on' activities and a comfortable environment.

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I have always been facinated by anyone who works with Glass, but never thought I would get a chance to do anything hands on. Having picked up their brochure at the information centre, I recently stopped in at Artisans on the Hill about midday, to have a look at the gallery and see if I could get more info about the various classes they run. I was very lucky, as Peter wasn't busy with a class that day and while there was not enough time to do the whole day class, he was happy to give me a half day class in Glass Fusing. There were other options available as well, but glass is what I wanted to do. The class involved learning about the basics of glass fusing and cutting both straight and curved glass using a variety of tools. It was facinating and I loved all 4 hours of it. I came away having created a pair of coasters, that Peter later fired and posted to me. As to the rest, the gallery has artwork from a large variety of local crafts people and is defintiely worth a look. They no longer do lunches, unless you pre book, but there is a place at the bottom of the hill you can eat at. There are many different classes to choose from for kids and adults including Hebel Scuplture, Precious Metal Clay, Woodturning, candlemaking etc But you should book ahead, so you aren't disappointed. They also have a B&B, so next time I think I will stay over and do a whole day there. I was staying in Port Stephen's, so it was just over an hours drive each way, but well worth it.

Date of experience: October 2012
Peter C, Owner at Artisans On The Hill Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

So glad you enjoyed your afternoon at Artisans. I loved the pieces you made and hope you get as much enjoyment using them as I did showing you how to make them.
Christine and I look forward your return visit and more fun on the workshop
Cheers