All reviews double windows the main road just like home beds were very comfortable family room room was large would stay again easy access accommodation motel canberra foxtel hosts luxury couch
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The room was nice. Nice kitchenette with plates and utensils and keeping the fridge out of ear shot which is a plus. Located on the main road, but with double windows it kept the noise down as long as the window is shut.
However, as the smell of the deodoriser was so strong it was making me gag while I tried to sleep, I was forced to open the windows, which kept woke me up when a load car went past.

So in breif, if you like the smell of motel deodoriser, then this is a good motel.
Personally, I would never stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in a family room (Room number 1) and it was adequate. Price for two nights was $418 which was decent for a family room.
Double bed in lounge room was comfortable however the two single beds were very uncomfortable and the tv in that room does not work as it has no aerial even though Advertising says Foxtel/Satelite Tv

Room and bathroom were clean and had enough room for 3 adults. Great shower very hot water and good strong water flow. Very noisy from the main road.

Would stay again for further visits to hospital but would not choose his spot for luxury.

Gentlemen at front desk was accomodating and helpful. Easy onsite parking.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My experience was not good. At 2 pm on Sunday afternoon my daughter's bike was stolen from a locked roof rack on her car that was parked in the motel court yard. We had only been inside for 30 minutes. The security cameras in the motel do not record. What good is that? The manager took no responsibility at all. We will never stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Helen W
HamiltonsMotel, Manager at Hamilton's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Good afternoon Helen,

As manager of this Motel for almost 3 years, I can confidently say that this is the first incident we have had concerning theft, and I maintain that this area is very safe.
Our 'security' camera, is a camera positioned for a live feed for us to ascertain service requirements and we have never found a need for it to record.
As for 'taking no responsibility'? Helen, I am the one who telephoned the police on your behalf. I consistently checked on your well-being and any damage to your remaining property. When you informed me that I should pay the excess of your claim, I understandably checked with our insurance broker who plainly said that "It is your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient cover under your own policy to cover yourselves for that type of eventuality". The Motel is NOT liable for your belongings in this matter because we have no way of us assessing the value, nor can we supervise the guests and how they secure items in or to their vehicle.
Helen, I am extremely disappointed that you chose this forum to display your feelings on this decision.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We stayed at Hamilton’s for one night on a mid-week trip to Canberra. The location is good with easy access to Canberra and environs. The room was large and clean, but the mattress was firmer than we would have liked. There was a choice of firm and soft pillows. It seemed strange that there was no tissue dispenser in the bathroom, something that you’d normally expect. We ordered breakfast which was delivered to our room – eggs on toast (double-yolkers!), plunger coffee, and juice – reasonably priced. On returning home, we received a thank you email with a discount offer for our next stay with them – it’s an offer we’ll probably take up next time we travel to the bush capital.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Excelent motel stayed 2 nights it was very handy to everything there was 4 adults in the room we had the family room with kitchen nett it was a very good room nothing was to hard with our hosts they were very helpfull with all our requests & it was so quite there will definitely stay again

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple