Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jorjaim
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Port Macquarie
All reviews great idea hand painted local artists great fun koala hospital rainforest centre a lot of fun sea acres sculptures photos koalas port awareness wauchope glasshouse project merchandise
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A great activity to do with the kids. The koalas are amazing. Great art. It was disappointing that the hello Koalas shop was closed. Very limited hours and not open every day.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an amazing fun family activity. We searched for as many as we could in one day and found over 40. We wish we would have started this earlier on our holiday. My teenage kids loved not only finding them and ticking them off but the art work and appreciating the effort such a great cause brings to our wonderful native animals. A fun free activity that I highly recommend. Loved it!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank Jorjaim
hellokoalas, Owner at Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review. It ticked so many boxes for us.

I am sorry we didn't meet personally at our Hello Koalas Memorabilia Shop where we have around 10 Hello Koalas sculptures to say "hello" plus I love meeting people who are locals or visiting Port Macquarie and are interested in the history of the Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail.

At this stage we are open three days a week (Tues, Wed and Thurs, 10am to 3pm) but planning to open longer during school holidays. Check the website or our facebook page for further details.

And thanks again for your valued comments ..which inspire us to continue our koala conservation and artistic journey.

Reviewed 16 January 2021

We did this last year and absolutely loved it. What a great way to see Port Macquarie and also get my boys walking around a bit more. Great fun for all the family

Date of experience: February 2020

So delighted to receive your review. Thank you. "Fun" is a key word in our vocabulary along with hearing people getting out and about, discovering Port Macquarie and enjoying our Hello Koalas sculptures by such talented local artists.

Our 5th annual Hello Koalas Festival is on 25 and 26 September this year if you are planning another visit to Port Macquarie and come and say hello to me too at our Hello Koalas Shop. I can tell the boys about how we make our koalas and show them the moulds we use in the fibreglass manufacture. A bit like making surfboards!

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

We were visiting Port Macquarie on holiday & this was one of the highlights! On our last day the weather wasn’t great, so we drove to lots of the koala locations! Such good fun finding them! They are so beautifully designed, which each one being so unique. The shop was great too & we were delighted to add to our numbers as there was lots on show in the shop. We managed to find 42 koalas, if we didn’t have to head home, we would have tried to find them all!!!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank LozzaaG

You have set yourself a challenge especially as there will be more Hello Koalas sculptures when you return including the wondrous Winnie the Unicorn!

Thanks for your great message and so pleased you all had a good time.

Capturing 42 koalas is a great achievement! Maybe come back for our 5th annual Hello Koalas Festival, 25 & 26 September this year to complete the Trail.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Port.Please come and say hello to me in our HQ at 10 Bellbowrie Street.

Reviewed 26 November 2020

Upon arriving at my hotel in Port Macquarie the first thing I noticed was a sculpture of a koala outside the hotel. I soon learnt that there were many other koala sculptures like this around Port Macquarie and that the aim was to try and find all of the sculptures. If you go to Sea Acres Rainforest Centre they have a map you can take which shows you where all of the sculptures are, you can also get a map from the offical Hello Koala's store where they work on the sculptures and sell merchandise.
I met the Woman behind Hello Koala's Margret Meagher, she invited me into the shop and kindly shared with me the history of Hello Koalas. During a trip to the UK Margret came across the Larkin With Toads Public Art Project which inspired her to create Hello Koalas, she felt that these sculptures would be a good way to engage and up lift the community, Margret also explained that these sculptures can be beneficial to people with Dementia as art has been proven to help people with Dementia as it can increase brain stimulation and improve memory.
The sculptures are all hand painted by Australian artists, I think this project is amazing and I wish we had this here in Sydney, it was great fun going around with my map and one by one ticking the sculptures off.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank TheSydneyDoll

Thank you for such a comprehensive and complimentary review and one of delight for the Hello Koalas team who work very hard to achieve an outstanding visitor experience..

We are preparing to take a travelling exhibition to Australian Botanic Garden, Mt Annan, near Campbelltown for the month of April so I hope you can come and see our display 22 Hello Koalas in this beautiful natural environment.

And when you come to Port Macquarie next time please give me a bell on 0416 641 482 and l'll take you on a short walking tour near our Shop where we have around 20 Hello Koalas on location.

Thanks again for a great review. Best wishes Margret