Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Absolute amazing experience

Omg what an absolute amazing experience! Just like a treasure hunt for all ages! Absolute beautiful... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
corinnee364
Lots of fun

A great activity to do with the kids. The koalas are amazing. Great art. It was disappointing that... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Newytraveller53
Newcastle, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Port Macquarie
All reviews great idea hand painted local artists great fun koala hospital rainforest centre a lot of fun sea acres sculptures photos koalas port awareness wauchope glasshouse project merchandise
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 January 2021

We did this last year and absolutely loved it. What a great way to see Port Macquarie and also get my boys walking around a bit more. Great fun for all the family

Date of experience: February 2020
hellokoalas, Owner at Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So delighted to receive your review. Thank you. "Fun" is a key word in our vocabulary along with hearing people getting out and about, discovering Port Macquarie and enjoying our Hello Koalas sculptures by such talented local artists.

Our 5th annual Hello Koalas Festival is on 25 and 26 September this year if you are planning another visit to Port Macquarie and come and say hello to me too at our Hello Koalas Shop. I can tell the boys about how we make our koalas and show them the moulds we use in the fibreglass manufacture. A bit like making surfboards!

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

We were visiting Port Macquarie on holiday & this was one of the highlights! On our last day the weather wasn’t great, so we drove to lots of the koala locations! Such good fun finding them! They are so beautifully designed, which each one being so unique. The shop was great too & we were delighted to add to our numbers as there was lots on show in the shop. We managed to find 42 koalas, if we didn’t have to head home, we would have tried to find them all!!!

Date of experience: January 2021
1  Thank LozzaaG

You have set yourself a challenge especially as there will be more Hello Koalas sculptures when you return including the wondrous Winnie the Unicorn!

Thanks for your great message and so pleased you all had a good time.

Capturing 42 koalas is a great achievement! Maybe come back for our 5th annual Hello Koalas Festival, 25 & 26 September this year to complete the Trail.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Port.Please come and say hello to me in our HQ at 10 Bellbowrie Street.

Reviewed 26 November 2020

Upon arriving at my hotel in Port Macquarie the first thing I noticed was a sculpture of a koala outside the hotel. I soon learnt that there were many other koala sculptures like this around Port Macquarie and that the aim was to try and find all of the sculptures. If you go to Sea Acres Rainforest Centre they have a map you can take which shows you where all of the sculptures are, you can also get a map from the offical Hello Koala's store where they work on the sculptures and sell merchandise.
I met the Woman behind Hello Koala's Margret Meagher, she invited me into the shop and kindly shared with me the history of Hello Koalas. During a trip to the UK Margret came across the Larkin With Toads Public Art Project which inspired her to create Hello Koalas, she felt that these sculptures would be a good way to engage and up lift the community, Margret also explained that these sculptures can be beneficial to people with Dementia as art has been proven to help people with Dementia as it can increase brain stimulation and improve memory.
The sculptures are all hand painted by Australian artists, I think this project is amazing and I wish we had this here in Sydney, it was great fun going around with my map and one by one ticking the sculptures off.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank TheSydneyDoll

Thank you for such a comprehensive and complimentary review and one of delight for the Hello Koalas team who work very hard to achieve an outstanding visitor experience..

We are preparing to take a travelling exhibition to Australian Botanic Garden, Mt Annan, near Campbelltown for the month of April so I hope you can come and see our display 22 Hello Koalas in this beautiful natural environment.

And when you come to Port Macquarie next time please give me a bell on 0416 641 482 and l'll take you on a short walking tour near our Shop where we have around 20 Hello Koalas on location.

Thanks again for a great review. Best wishes Margret

Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

Just love the concept of the Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail. There are over 70 of these beautifully painted Koalas dotted across the Port Macquarie and the surrounding area.
There is a trail brochure you can download or pick up which tells you where they are located.
Having a quite a large population of Koalas in Port and being home the the Koala Hospital it is a fitting place for the sculptures. They bring joy and raise awareness of these cute, adorable and unique creatures. But the sculptures also raise a more serious awareness to these marsupials plight, with dwindling numbers due to habitat destruction by firs and urban development.
My favourite one was tucked in front of a motel in Port Macquarie depicting lovely sea creatures. Being a lover of the ocean and a scuba diver this had to be my pick.

Date of experience: November 2020
2  Thank 993anitat

Thank you .. you have highlighted the key attractions about the Hello Koalas sculptures and picked one of our standout sculptures.

The owners of the Ocean Breeze Motel have created their own home for their Hello Koalas sculpture, Australia Below the Surface, by Sydney artist Chanetelle Ferri, sits right on the verge outside the property for all to see who pass by. The sculpture is lit up at night time.
The artwork glistens in the sun and makes you want to have a dip in the ocean nearby.
Lovely family who operate the motel. Totally service oriented. Highly recommended.
Hello Koalas is lucky to partner with some excellent tourism providers and local businesses and community groups.

Look forward to you returning sometime soon and please get in touch for a guided tour.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 October 2020

My wife and I started to take photos of the Koalas as we walked around town. We then found the brochure and the next day started to travel to all of the Koalas around Port. What a great way to see the town and adjoining areas. Would highly recommend this trail.

Date of experience: October 2020
1  Thank kdrennan2
hellokoalas, Owner at Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

We very much appreciated you sharing your Hello Koalas experience with us this afternoon when you visited our Hello Koalas Memorabilia Shop and now with this review.

It means a lot to us to hear we are kicking goals when presenting a free public sculpture trail which engages people with our conservation messages while also providing lots of good fun and enjoyment exploring our region - and showcasing the exquisite talents of our local fibreglass manufacturer and many local artists on the Mid North Coast.

Hello Koalas is a team effort and we all thrive on positive feedback. Thank you!