All reviews quiet street room was spotlessly clean handy kitchenette good size local club stayed here for one night long drive road trip free wifi pleasant stay home away from home bowling club town centre microwave bed beaches tv
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

An affordable motel with value for money. We regrettably arrived late after some traffic and a long drive but were let in by the owners. 8pm for a closing check-in time seems early for those on long journeys.

The room was well furnished and the shower particularly was excellent and much needed.

Be aware you can hear people talking outside so supposedly they can hear you - not great for privacy. We woke up to a conversation between the owner and another man, followed a bit later by a bang on the window and the owner's wife saying it was checkout time (10 minutes later). I understand they want to get in to clean the rooms but this seemed a bit forceful as we were already packing at the time.

Overall would probably try another motel if I was in the area again but Hastings Valley wasnt bad

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Like staying with friends, this was a great find. I booked the budget room just for a night for just me. Was greeted by Stephen who was most helpful and friendly (and I love to have a chat a great start!). Room was easy to access from the car in front of it. Room was the cleanest room I've stayed in, even compared to 5 star hotels. Fit out was ideal, with handy kitchenette, cupboard space, and spacious bathroom with new fixtures. Linen very clean. It was a wonderful step back in time with an older building that has current inclusions. Little heater helped me for the 3 degree overnight temp (QLDer these days so not used to that) and the warm blanket was there ready too. Shower was super hot, and good flow. Location was very quiet, hardly could here anything! Checkout was easy, Stephen was just getting ready to start his day so took my key. For the price, this was a brilliant choice. Highly recommended for a do the job motel and it does it very well thanks to amazing hosts and the effort made. Please support this little business, and ensure motel's like this thrive for a long future. Easy to walk to Town Green, bowls clubs, beaches. Plenty of parking at the motel and on the wide street. Thank you Stephen for looking after me and making me feel very welcome!

Room Tip: All rooms quiet, budget room fan and heater only (it is budget of course!).
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you Stephen and Kerrie once again
Just always top shelf service and always a welcoming smile
If your looking for a comfy rest please give Hastings valley motel a call you won't be disappointed

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Nice to come back to after a long 2 week, 4,800 km road trip on the way home, as a last night.
Yes, it is my second review, and I have zero affiliation or financial interest in this motel.
As usual lovely people who are the owners who run the place.
One thing I did not mention on my last review, are the nice and tall kitchenette
sink taps. Small thing, but so nice to fill up water bottles and stuff to wash your cars windscreen.
We are thinking this time about a 3-4 day holiday in Port Macquarie sometime this year and will stay there again doing day trips in the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed this place for one night and we really enjoyed room is clean and comfortable and great location
The owner help us giving directions the best places to visit, he was a very helpful.
We definitely will come back next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends