We chose this hotel because of the great location and it didn't disappoint from that perspective. A one bedroom apartment overlooking the beach cost $358.00 for two nights so we were expecting service comparable with that price and that of other simlar hotels in Port Macquarie. Our very early flight from Sydney was two hours late so by the time we arrived at the Observatory at 11.30 we felt as though we had already done a day's work. We enquired if we could check in early (check in was 2pm). This seemed to cause afront to the woman on reception who informed us that our check in wasn't until 2 pm and they were very busy!!!! We were attending a conference and wanted to change our clothes and have a shower before going on to the conference. The hotel offered to keep our bags for us until we could check in. The receptionist directed us to the disabled toilet which also had a shower that we were welcome to use. The shower in the disabled toilet didn't work and the staff either didn't know or didn't care. The receptionist then asked me for my mobile number in case our room was ready early. Needless to say she never called and I returned to check in shortly after 2pm. I checked in and the same receptionist asked me if I "needed help with the luggage" as I had two large suitcases (my colleague's and mine) and two cabin luggage bags. I thanked her for her assistance and she then directed me to the luggage trolley I could use to take our bags up to our room. The room was fine, the view was great, the coffee cups in the cupboard were dirty with coffee drips down the outside of all four. The bed was kingsize and very comfortable. A word of warning there is no in house catering. Breakfast can be purchased downstairs at the Milkbar cafe but not before 7.30am. Hotel reception is open from 7.30am until 8pm otherwise you are on your own. There is no room service but you can order a meal by phone from Scampi's restaurant downstairs, choices are very ordinary and very limited and then you go down and pick it up yourself. The road outside the hotel is quite busy during the day with local traffic so if you have the balcony doors open you can hear the traffic noise. It didn't bother us and at night the traffic was minimal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra The Observatory offers seaside accommodation in the heart of Port Macquarie. Located directly across from the beach, this contemporary hotel boasts spectacular views over the ocean, river and hinterland, and provides close proximity to many of the areas natural attractions. Secure onsite car parking with an electric car charging station is complimentary for all guests along with free in-room wireless Internet access. Accommodation is modern and spacious with the choice of the Hotel Room, One, Two or Three Bedroom Apartment, and the Three Bedroom Penthouse. Apartments boast private balconies, air-conditioning, fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities, and large TVs with Foxtel channels. At Mantra The Observatory you’ll enjoy an excellent range of facilities including a heated lap pool, spa, sauna, BBQ area, and onsite dining options. Sample the region’s freshest seafood at Scampi’s Seafood Bar and Grill, or visit The Observatory Milkbar for a refreshing holiday beverage. A day spa is situated onsite for your convenience if you’d like to treat yourself to massage or facial during your stay. If you’re planning to soak in the sun there are countless beaches and picnic spots to explore, or for a little retail therapy the town centre is just a short walk away with a collection of boutique stores and retail chains at your fingertips. There is an abundance of activities on offer from the more adventurous including kayaking, fishing, horse riding and camel safaris, to family friendly activities such as wildlife and nature parks, local markets, golf, and ten pin bowling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra The Observatory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Hotel Port Macquarie
- Observatory Resort Port Macquarie
- Mantra The Observatory Port Macquarie