All reviews the river country comfort great location buffet breakfast small balcony rooms are comfortable overlooking the water close to town settlement city nice spot few minutes walk an update the ground floor cleaning staff stayed for one night within easy walking distance would stay again
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My partner and I stayed one night on a business trip to Port Macquarie. We had a room on the top floor overlooking the pool area. The room was fine but the breakfast was very poor. It lacked choice and quality produce.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My husband and I spent 3 days and nights at the Waters Edge and were sorry to leave. The room that we had overlooked the Hastings River and we sat on the balcony watching the pelicans, looking at the boats and watching the sunsets - so relaxing. We easily walked to Settlement City Shopping Centre along the path next to the river - took us about 10 minutes, walked to the Westport Club for dinner - about 1 minute and walked into the main part of town, again only about a minute's walk. The staff were friendly, the room clean, fresh towels every day and the beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with water views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My Girlfriend & I were fortunate to stay @ the Waters Edge for a week & were sad to leave as the staff were very friendly & accommodating & nothing was a problem for them.
The food was amazing for the prices & then you have the view..where else can you get a river view for less than $200 & enjoy all the facilities of this establishment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight for work. This hotel has everything you need. The rooms have been refurbished and are very nice. The staff are helpful and inviting. I had a beer whilst returning calls in the afternoon out on their deck overlooking the water. What a great spot. Would absolutely stay here again and totally recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Comfortable rooms with the facilities you would expect from a 4 star motel. Most rooms would have views of the river and town. The picks would be 201-207 as their balconies overlook the pools and along the river, although I guess this may get a little noisy in peak summer. The motel is within a few minutes walk of the centre of town with a range of restaurants, bistros and shops. My only complaint is that while the rooms are non-smoking on the balconies ashtrays are provided so if guests next door are smoking the smoke blows back onto your balcony and, if your balcony door is open into your room.

Room tip: Best views 201-207
  • Trip type: Travelled with family