“Outstanding Italian”

Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 2018 and 2019 Savour Australia™ Awards for Excellence – Italian Restaurant GOLD – NSW Regional and SILVER - National Il Cacciatore specializes in Northern Italian Inspired Cuisine. Il Cacciatore is open from 6pm nightly. Lunch on Saturdays and Sundays from noon. Reservations are recommended for both dinner and lunch. Il Cacciatore is licensed, reservations recommended. Take Out of pizzas and pastas are available for pick from 5pm nightly.
Reviewed 21 July 2021 via mobile

Outstanding Italian restaurant. Beautiful food; excellent, friendly and efficient service.

Varied menu offering a range of choices. The veal was popular, and our creme brûlée was sensational.

Date of visit: June 2021
dreammaker007, Owner at Il Cacciatore Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Thank you for your lovely comments, we love hearing that our guests enjoyed their evening.

Write a reviewReviews (900)

Reviewed 25 June 2021

A wonderful, warm ambience of the resturant with yummy italian food.
We had veal and pasta of the day, both dishes were divine. Service very good.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 20 June 2021

I have not written a review in 5 years but tonight I am forced. Worst Italian restaurant I been to in a long time. They either have no idea, or don’t care or have contempt for the customers. I had the Spaghetti with Pork and Fennel meat balls in a tomato sauce. A simple recipe that we make at home on a winters night. This was slapped together. I asked at first if they had penne, as I prefer penne with this type of dish. The waitress had no idea but she said I “could have the long flat one”, referring to the linguini. It clearly was going down hill from here. The dish came out quickly, A little bit too quickly. The meat ball clearly fired separately and then add at the end. The sauce had no pork and fennel flavour to it and so acidity that you could clean bricks with it. More Basil leaves than tomato sauce. Then they came out with the parmesan cheese that was grated a little bit too big. I was in hell. My first thought was, had I become a food snob? Then my best friend who never complains had the same opinion. My wife hates when I complain, so we ate and when the waitress asked us if we enjoyed it she said yes, I paid the bill and now doing my first review in 5 years.

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

I loved The spaghetti They wereFriendlyMy son got an activity packIt was a prettyRestaurantTheyWe are busy andFriendly

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

Friday night out with wife to celebrate our birthdays.

Upon arrival we were quickly met by a waitress for took us to our table. The dining room was roomy, ceiling was high and it was warm. The table was laid out with quality implements and table cloth and napkin.

The menu was brought promptly and our drinks order taken and quickly delivered. We had a bottle of the Partners pick Shiraz hunter Valley. Beautiful wine. From the menu we order olives and a walnut feta fig salad. The olives were a lovely selection and warm. The salad was delicious. For mains I had the veal and my wife had the seafood linguine. Both dishes were divine, perfectly cooked and well balanced. For pudding I had the white chocolate and macadam with fig ice ream. My wife had an apple crumble. Huge portions and again devine.

The waitress was attentive and quick to respond to requests. The ambience was pleasant and welcoming.

A delicious meal. Thank you to the staff and cooks who made it possible.