“Conference”

Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: 2018 and 2019 Savour Australia™ Awards for Excellence – Italian Restaurant GOLD – NSW Regional and SILVER - National Il Cacciatore specializes in Northern Italian Inspired Cuisine. Il Cacciatore is open from 6pm nightly. Lunch on Saturdays and Sundays from noon. Reservations are recommended for both dinner and lunch. Il Cacciatore is licensed, reservations recommended. Take Out of pizzas and pastas are available for pick from 5pm nightly.
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

I attended a conference held here and was so impressed with the food served to us. Firstly we had a gorgeous view, and then we had amazing food. I would definitely recommend booking here for a conference. We were given baked goodies and fresh fruit for morning tea, a variety of fresh and delicious options for lunch (different each day), and gelato and pastries for afternoon tea.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (867)

Reviewed 23 August 2019

My Husband and I stayed here for my Birthday and from the minute we walked into the reception and met Helen who was just lovely we knew we would have a wonderful time,
we stayed in the Calais lodge which was lovely and spacious, and relaxing on the back veranda with a glass of wine was just what we needed,Helen arranged a yummy cheese platter and champagne and chocolates from my sister for my Birthday,and there is a restaurant onsite called Il Cacciatore the food was absolutely delicious, the best pasta we have ever tasted and Diane looked after us extremely well, Note to the owner YOUR STAFF ARE AMAZING, and we look forward to going back next year

Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

Thank you Il Cacciatore restaurant! My hubby and I just had a lovely meal at your restaurant :) . The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was amazing! My beef fillet was the best I’ve ever had and my hubby really enjoyed the chicken fettuccine - no food was left uneaten! The banoffee pie is definitely a must! Thank you for a lovely evening :)

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is associated with the Hermitage Lodge or just drop in, preferable to book first.
They have a good selection of local wines, the food is excellent and the wait staff appropriately attentive.
The veal was possibly the best I’ve had.
Would certainly revisit if in the area.

(As an aside, having stayed on the property I can also recommend the take away pizza.)

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

Delicious meal last night at il cacciatore. I had the gnocchi with slow cooked shoulder of lamb, my husband had a duck breast served on what he described as the best risotto he had ever had! (slightly put out since I am a trained chef who learned to make risotto in Italy)! As it was a Tuesday night we did not book, still it was fairly busy.

There are so many restaurants to in the Hunter to choose from, We wanted something casual, without crazy prices and we did not want to compromise on quality of the food. This restaurant ticked all the boxes!