“Yummy food and wine, with accomodation attached”

Il Cacciatore Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Il Cacciatore specializes in Northern Italian Cuisine, it is not fast food. Each pasta , risotto and gnocchi is individually created in the pan, no premade sauces for us. Il Cacciatore is open from 6pm nightly. Il Cacciatore is licensed, reservations recommended Private dining room may seat up to 30 guests. The deck over looking the vineyard and dam is open during the warmer summer months, weather permitting. Take Out of pizzas and pastas are available for pick from 5pm nightly.
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I love going to stay at Hermitage Lodge and going to the restaurant, Il Cacciatore. I have visited the restaurant several times and it is usually very good. On this occasion, I didn't enjoy my entree of zucchini flowers but the beef fillet as a main was beautifully cooked and tasty. They also have a good selection of wine as well. It is a bit pricey, but most restaurants in the same category in the Hunter Valley have similar prices. The staff could improve a bit by being more knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I had our first wedding anniversary dinner here on a trip to the Hunter Valley. The restaurant came reccommended from friends and after a few bad experiences the day before at various restaurants / cafes in the area we were pleased to say our mood was altered for the better at IL Cacciatore.

We were seated indoors near the deck and enjoyed a seat overlooking the water. The staff were informative and friendly at all times, interacting and suggesting things off the menu.

We ordered the stuffed Zucchini flowers for Entree which were lovely. We ordered the crusted Barramundi and the Beef Fillet for mains and were amazed by both. We ordered a Tiramisu to share for desert which was also nice.

Overall it was a lovely night out - no complaints.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

very limited menu and not that nice. The floors is like a 198-'s pool and there were people with babies everywhere. Didn't think it was the right spot for us

1  Thank mandy o
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We dined at this restaurant last night in a group of 6 people and found it to be of high quality. The food was excellent and we could not fault the service. The mains were to cooked to perfection and the desserts were to die for.
The waitress was very pleasant and helpful and it was a very busy night but there was plenty of staff working.
We certainlly will return.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I'm a local and I must admit- I've had take away pizza from here (roughly 12 months ago) before and was quite disappointed by the size, quality and price of the pizzas on offer.
HOWEVER.. I have dined in several times over the past 12 months and have always left extremely happy in the service, food and overall atmosphere of the restaurant.
This is one of the older venues in the valley- but don't let that fool you. It's warm and has a rustic feel which creates a nice ambiance.
Will always come back!