Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
Priceline
Fully refundable before Fri, 8 Mar
No prepayment needed
Fully refundable before Sat, 9 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews tai chi spa treatments deep water running healthy food life changing experience guest speaker amazing week healthy living high intensity boot camp body and soul left feeling exercise classes fitness levels the real world hunter valley location is beautiful
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2023

I’d never been to a wellness retreat and was recommended the Elysia. I needed a relaxation and rejuvenation holiday and hoped this would be it. IT WAS !
It’s so quiet… no alcohol means no drunken parties in the room next door. No kids means no squealing and crying early or late in the day ( I have kids, so it’s nice for some absolute quiet! )
The food is DELISH. Great portion sizes, variety and I was stoked to come home with the recipes for some of my favourite dishes! Thank you 😊 Also I LOVED not thinking about food. It’s all set for you. No worrying about the details. Everyday is the same times and it’s flawless! One of the best parts for me as a busy mum who shops for groceries and cooks for a large family each day!
Every staff member was friendly!
I stayed for 7 nights. It was bliss. My suggestion is stay for a minimum of 5 nights for maximum benefit. Book spa treatments in advance. Scott is a master at massage… you’ll want more than one!
It was super cool to try new things like Feldenkrais … I’d never heard of it but it’s an amazing movement technique that’s zero impact, easy to do and you come away feeling better with more range and less aches!
Zen thai Shihatsu was another cool treatment. Everyone raves about the Kahuna massage but I didn’t have time for a booking. The facial was amazing too!
The exercise classes are for all ages and energy levels. There’s something for everyone. I did a few but was there to re-energise so kept to the relaxation stuff.
The facilities are great- everything is close and easy to get to in 1-2 mins.
I recommend Tai Chi on meditation hill at sunrise ! You can see the hot air balloons while you’re chillin doing tai chi. Very cool.
Rooms are spacious with amazing views.
You can watch the kangaroos or eagles each day.
Clean eating means you come home feeling amazing, I lost weight without even trying ( and I ate so much!)
It was the perfect stay for what I needed and I’m sure it would be for so many others.
Will definitely be back !
Thanks team 😊💕🌟

1  Thank J1606GXbrigitter
Amy O'Neill, Guest Services / Front Office at Elysia Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2023

Wow! This has really made our day!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful feedback you provided about our retreat, your stay, and our team. We are committed to consistently providing a memorable experience for our guests and your feedback and appreciation is the greatest motivation and reward for myself and the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the retreat in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2023

The food and scenery was just lovely but what made it was the quality of the staff who cared about making sure you were ok. They were able to read people well and catered for different individuals. Just lovely.

Dear Brodie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and it is fantastic to know our team have helped facilitate a great experience for you! We are incredibly proud of our team and will ensure to share this feedback with them.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Elysia, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 13 November 2023

The retreat was new to me and want d to try it out food was lovely and gym and routines were flexible relaxing my disapoint on trachoma on he Sunday instructor did a quick one 15 mins should of been 30 disappointed and disappointed on the organising spa treatment incorrect

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels

Thank you for your feedback!

We are committed to providing memorable experiences with exceptional service, we appreciate your constructive feedback and will certainly use this to continue to improve upon our team service and product offering - thank you!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Elysia, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 November 2023

I went to this beautiful property with the specific intention of disconnecting from all the busyness of my life and just relaxing and resetting. I only had a two night stay but feel like I've been on holidays for weeks! I love that there is no pressure to participate in any of the endlessly interesting activities, and that you can do as little or as much as you like. There's a great mix of fitness activities for all levels along with more meditative and relaxing options.

The location is spectacular! Head to the top of Meditation Hill for morning Tai Chi and a 360 degree view of the Hunter Valley. Enjoy the zen of the resident kangaroos. Listen to the quiet. Breathe fresh air.

The spa is huge and beautifully designed with integrated waterfalls within cobbled walls. There's an impressive range of treatments including some that I've never seen before.

The staff are consistently friendly and genuinely helpful and the food is spectacular. If you thought "wellness retreat" was synonymous with boring salads, prepare to be amazed.

I thought I would miss coffee and wine. I didn't. Too caught up in the magic of this very special place.

Dear Meg,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share experiences from your recent stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful feedback you have provided about our retreat, your stay and our team. It really is amazing what you can achieve in just two days! We do hope you were able to take some valuable tips home to implement within your day-to-day.

We are delighted to have had you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back to Elysia, hopefully for a longer stay too!

Reviewed 5 November 2023

Excellent health retreat to recharge. Very calming experience. Healthy but delicious food, excellent well planned programs and activities for all levels of fitness. You can do as much or as little as you want. Highly recommended

Dear Cathy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Elysia!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the retreat.